Lack of interest [suggestion] Sidebar to auto scroll

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Brett Peters

I would like to propose/suggest an option to enable the sidebar to auto scroll and stay visible at all times.

For me, I dislike scrolling down the page and seeing a blank (pointless) white space.

I know a lot of people extend the sidebar but for those that don't I can see this as a handy option.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
This could be accomplished with a bit of javascript similar to my floating navigation bar... it would just be a case of knowing when to start scrolling the sidebar, and if the sidebar is bigger than what can be viewed you would never be able to see the hidden content!

I really don't think this should be a default option though as it is quite a specific request, more of a template hack/addon request

Or another solution would be to implement a sidebar toggle to the core which would eliminate that empty space. The last thing I would personally want to see is a scrolling sidebar following you down the page, or following you into the kitchen when you make your cup of coffee.

There's a toggle sidebar add-on in the resource area if that is any interest to you.

Top Bottom