1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest [suggestion] Sidebar to auto scroll

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Brett Peters, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Brett Peters

Brett Peters Well-Known Member

I would like to propose/suggest an option to enable the sidebar to auto scroll and stay visible at all times.

For me, I dislike scrolling down the page and seeing a blank (pointless) white space.

I know a lot of people extend the sidebar but for those that don't I can see this as a handy option.

2. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

This could be accomplished with a bit of javascript similar to my floating navigation bar... it would just be a case of knowing when to start scrolling the sidebar, and if the sidebar is bigger than what can be viewed you would never be able to see the hidden content!

I really don't think this should be a default option though as it is quite a specific request, more of a template hack/addon request

3. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Or another solution would be to implement a sidebar toggle to the core which would eliminate that empty space. The last thing I would personally want to see is a scrolling sidebar following you down the page, or following you into the kitchen when you make your cup of coffee.

There's a toggle sidebar add-on in the resource area if that is any interest to you.

Brett Peters likes this.
  4. Brett Peters

Brett Peters Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info Shelley, For some reason I have not seen that mod before and after having a quick look I think that this is probably a better way to tackle the empty space.

I gave your toggle sidebar suggestion a like

Shelley likes this.