1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest [Suggestion] Should the link style be changed?

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Waddy, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Waddy

Waddy Active Member

Should the default hover link and followed link style be changed? I know this will be really easy to do once we get our hands on the software, but it is the one thing about the default style that I really don't like, I think it's just the really large shadow:

http://www.xenforo.com

Personally I would prefer for it just to be underlined on hover and change colour once followed, as with other links in the postbit.

TrixieTang likes this.
  2. TrixieTang

TrixieTang Well-Known Member

I know that this is one of the things that I'll be changing about the skins on any sites that I end up using XF for. This default skin really overuses box-shadow.

3. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Personally, I love the way the box shadow is used. :)

James and KURTZ like this.
  4. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

I am not a huge fan of it either, but I can see why the Dev's have used it, it is one of many things that differentiates their lovely product.

It will be something I change on all the skins i do though :p

5. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

I hope it gets the same treatment the "New" post icon will, as I don't much like the link either.

6. Jesepi

Jesepi Well-Known Member

I'd like the ability to easily change it from the default. I'd prefer no background and just a shadowing effect... or maybe just the typical underline formatting. You can do a bunch of cool things with jquery, and being able to pick from a few presets might also be a cool feature.

http://adrianpelletier.com/sandbox/jquery_hover_nav/

7. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

me too, so please don't change it. :)

James likes this.
  8. Sejper

Sejper Active Member

I love it to, but it doesn't look as good when the link is more then one line. Lucky for us thoose links almost never exist :)

9. Waddy

Waddy Active Member

Currently on IE7 at work and no shadow, looks so much better. ;)