Not planned [Suggestion] search (per thread) member's post

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
just noticed, but i've a request: if you put your mouse onto the the tiny avatar you got a response that said how many post you made in this thread: so the request is: if i select the tiny avatar can i get my posts instead the member card?
Quoted so Kier + Mike can read it much easier :P

I like the idea, but if it causes a lot of bloat I can't see it being worth it!

I don't see how this will be useful to a end user without the context of the other posts in the thread.

Can you provide an example of when this might be used?

just answered in the other thread .. :) however i think that it can be useful especially in the huge threads ...
But what issue is that resolving? Without context, the posts you have made mean nothing...

Plus, as someone else mentioned, this moves away from the already learned behaviour that clicking on the Avatar gives the mini-profile. This may confuse end users unnecessarily

But what issue is that resolving? Without context, the posts you have made mean nothing...

Plus, as someone else mentioned, this moves away from the already learned behaviour that clicking on the Avatar gives the mini-profile. This may confuse end users unnecessarily
Stew, what i'd asked is strictly related to the tiny avatar in the forumdisplay ... read the other thread, i've already explained my point ... hope you can get it ;)

Stew, what i'd asked is strictly related to the tiny avatar in the forumdisplay ... read the other thread, i've already explained my point ... hope you can get it ;)
I understand, you are asking that when you click on the mini-me that it takes you to the thread but only shows your posts.

What I am saying is that this is a totally different to the behaviour we have learnt from clicking an avatar, mini or otherwise. In addition to this, I personally don't see the point of this functionality.

I understand, you are asking that when you click on the mini-me that it takes you to the thread but only shows your posts.

What I am saying is that this is a totally different to the behaviour we have learnt from clicking an avatar, mini or otherwise. In addition to this, I personally don't see the point of this functionality.

I 'sort of' see how it would be helpful, especially in really long threads, but I beleive a far better, more generic way to handle this would be to simply search for your posts in a thread without a search term.

And for whatever reason, a search term is required when searching peoples posts. And I am completely baffled why a search term is required.

?

It would be nice to have a such feature . I have a post in a long thread and couldn't remember what i've been posted there . And searching through the pages is time consuming ...

Not sure if this was already suggested , but couldn't find anything in search.

Top Bottom