1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Planned [Suggestion] search (per thread) member's post

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by KURTZ, Aug 12, 2010.

1. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

2. James

James Well-Known Member

Quoted so Kier + Mike can read it much easier :p

I like the idea, but if it causes a lot of bloat I can't see it being worth it!
  3. welshstew

welshstew Active Member

I don't see how this will be useful to a end user without the context of the other posts in the thread.

Can you provide an example of when this might be used?
  4. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

5. welshstew

welshstew Active Member

But what issue is that resolving? Without context, the posts you have made mean nothing...

Plus, as someone else mentioned, this moves away from the already learned behaviour that clicking on the Avatar gives the mini-profile. This may confuse end users unnecessarily
  6. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

Stew, what i'd asked is strictly related to the tiny avatar in the forumdisplay ... read the other thread, i've already explained my point ... hope you can get it ;)
  7. welshstew

welshstew Active Member

I understand, you are asking that when you click on the mini-me that it takes you to the thread but only shows your posts.

What I am saying is that this is a totally different to the behaviour we have learnt from clicking an avatar, mini or otherwise. In addition to this, I personally don't see the point of this functionality.
  8. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

My thought was 'go to last post the user made', that is implemented on several sites now.
  9. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

I 'sort of' see how it would be helpful, especially in really long threads, but I beleive a far better, more generic way to handle this would be to simply search for your posts in a thread without a search term.

And for whatever reason, a search term is required when searching peoples posts. And I am completely baffled why a search term is required.

10. Defqon

Defqon Member

It would be nice to have a such feature . I have a post in a long thread and couldn't remember what i've been posted there . And searching through the pages is time consuming ...

Not sure if this was already suggested , but couldn't find anything in search.
  11. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

12. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

I think a generic 'search in thread' feature would cover this, and you could search for posts made by yourself.
    TrixieTang likes this.