1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented [Suggestion] Responsive AdminCP

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Sheldon, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

I am always on my phone, some of the tasks (the smaller ones....) take forever to get to and then do what you have to do.

My suggestion is to make the adminCP optionally responsive.
    tyteen4a03, otto, Ridemonkey and 43 others like this.
  2. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

I think the ACP needs a total rebuild personally. It's far too simple and it could offer so much more information.
    otto, rafass, Connor Smith and 3 others like this.
  3. x_Stricken_x

x_Stricken_x Active Member

Sorry if this is necro-ing this thread, but I posted my opinion in another thread that was marked as a duplicate of this, and figured I'd post my input here as well.

It'd be best if the Admin CP was made to be responsive to not make entering the Admin CP feel like you're on a completely different site. That's just how it feels for me anyways, especially on mobile. Also, I will note that compared to the average 21 year old I have *extremely* poor vision, so for me it's a pita to have to zoom in to see things (though I realize this may not be relevant to most people with decent vision).
  4. Matthew Hawley

Matthew Hawley Well-Known Member

I would love to have the admin cp responsive. im on my ipad mini and iphone and its a pain.
  5. x_Stricken_x

That's mainly where I (personally) struggle, is on my iPhone. Hence why I said the Admin CP feels like a whole different site; it goes from feeling smooth (with the responsive theme) to feeling cluttered and hard to use.
  6. intradox

intradox Well-Known Member

Would love responsive ad well as its a pain to have to zoom in although on th wiped its not that bad.
  7. 0xym0r0n

0xym0r0n Well-Known Member

I'm able to view it fairly well on my galaxy tab 2 all except the template editing. Then the menu kinda goes crazy depending on the browser I use.

My phone *Samsung Galaxy S (4g)* views it fine but it's a pain in the butt because of all the scrolling i need to do. I think I have my browser default to view all sites in desktop mode, so this is why it might work well on my phone and not my tablet?

Have you guys tried alternate browsers? *tablet owners*

Responsive back-end would be nice but I don't think it's a priority :)
  8. x_Stricken_x

I've yet to try any browsing on my Kindle Fire to be honest, but then again I don't really like the UI so I guess it slipped my mind. Might try it later though now that it's been mentioned.
  9. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

I think this a good suggestion. Personally I would benefit from it.
  10. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

Indeed. Some things just can't wait, and when you're on the go, your phone is the only option. Would love for the ACP to be responsive.
    Sheldon likes this.
  11. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

Whilst it goes without saying this is low priority, I do think the admin cp needs some reworking. +1 for responsive too :)
  12. TLMD

TLMD Active Member

It is a good idea, since mobile devices are so important these days.
    Shyuan likes this.
  13. Shyuan

Shyuan Well-Known Member

I do agree this as well. Since xF adminCP is not yet packed with a lot of things for now (i.e. quite simple and flex now), it should be made responsive first, later on when things are getting more complex in adminCP, responsive is no longer an issue since it has been built when it was simple.
    x_Stricken_x likes this.
  14. x_Stricken_x

That's actually quite logical, touche for thinking of that.
  15. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

+1 forreal.
  16. Sheldon

I wonder why when I posted this in March, not much was made of it... now its getting a bit of traction.

I'll assume it was the info about 1.2 incoming. Hahaha.
  17. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

I never saw the thread
  18. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

A +1 does nothing. Per the rules for this forum you need to like the first post.
    caoanh204 likes this.
  19. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Enough with the sarcastic +1 posts please - I have already deleted two of them.
    Divvens likes this.
  20. Sheldon

So we should start reporting all these +1's?
    Divvens likes this.