Lack of interest Suggestion: "Report Post" button

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Enigma

Here's an idea to enhance the "Report post" button. When you click "Report", it pops up a menu with:
  • Spam
  • Personal Attack
  • Duplicate Post
  • Other...
If you click one of the first three, a bit of ajaxy goodness will report the post and you're done. If you click "Other..." then you get the current overlay where you type in a reason.

In the future the admin could specify/customise the items in the menu.

Just an idea to streamline the reporting process. :)

Upvote 4
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I cant imagine running a big board without post reports and infractions. A more integrated system from predefined post reports to infractions to whatever moderator actions flow from there, would be welcome. This exact topic has been suggested before.

Offencive
Spam
Off topic
Wrong forum

I think my members dont like to feel like "snitches" - they argue a lot though - so I am in need of a reporting made easy system..

I also fully belive that 80% of them dont know where the report a post function IS on VB !

OK please concider it - or some kind sole make a mod for this!

Many thanks

Currently one (i.e. spam) post can be reported many times, leading to X comments in the same report.

In my opinion, if a post was allready reported, then there should be a different button displayed like "post reported" to indicate that the forum staff was allready notified about this post.
Or display a message that this post was allready reported.

I think, it would be nice to have objective options to select one or more reasons while reporting a post. Also, this will make it possible to have comment field as an optional field. Facebook, Google and many other social web services provide such options.
  • Spam
  • Piracy
  • Hate/Abuse/Personal Attack
  • Violence
  • Sexually explicit content
  • CUSTOM OPTION(s)
Followed by optional comment.

In the admin (reports) section, these objective reasons can be counted and listed under Report Info sidebar block bellow comments count.

Thanks Brogan. I appreciate your efforts to make our life easier. :)

Although, my suggestion is slightly different from the one which is suggested in the first post of this thread. This thread has an inclination towards first class "quick reporting" option. But, central idea is the same.

I am sure, with the help of community suggestions and experiences, xF will come up with the most suitable UI. :-)

Top Bottom