Lack of interest [Suggestion] removing "Post Reply" button

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Abdulaziz

Hi,
I think that there is no need to have the "Post Reply" button.
Can't we have all its features included in the "Fast Reply"?
(and change its name to "Reply" instread of "Fast Reply")

I don't see why this button still exists.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Post Reply goes to the advanced editor, reply goes to the quick reply editor.
It's up to the end user which one to use. Depending on the situation.

When it comes to buttons, I don't like "More Options..." as it is because it just implies that more options will be revealed. Loading a new page can take people by surprise. "Advanced", for example, is more allowing in that sense.

I was thinking that there is no need to the "Post Reply" page. We can have all its feature here in the fast reply and no need to go to a new page.

If you guys think we really need two kinds of editors "simple" and "advanced", then why not loading the advanced editor in the same area by AJAX?
That will save us time. And we would be able to get rid of this button.

I completely agree with Abdulaziz.

I've never understood the need for a seperate reply page. Especially these days when you can do so much with AJAX.

I was thinking that there is no need to the "Post Reply" page. We can have all its feature here in the fast reply and no need to go to a new page.

If you guys think we really need two kinds of editors "simple" and "advanced", then why not loading the advanced editor in the same area by AJAX?
That will save us time. And we would be able to get rid of this button.

Because what about users that don't have Javascript? The Ajax option wont work so the more advanced screen always needs to be there however I do agree it would be cool that when clicking more options with JS enabled it loaded the more options bellow via Ajax..

Because what about users that don't have Javascript? The Ajax option wont work so the more advanced screen always needs to be there however I do agree it would be cool that when clicking more options with JS enabled it loaded the more options bellow via Ajax..

If NOJS is detected, they can be redirected to the full page, rather than the ajaxified one.

Because what about users that don't have Javascript? The Ajax option wont work so the more advanced screen always needs to be there
Correct, but what's the problem in having it always there?
I think that all the features are already in the "quick reply". It would just be more BBCODE buttons.

You guys say it is a problem, but I strongly disagree on that part.
It's not a problem. You can ignore the button and not use it, skip directly to quick reply.
But it's there for those who want to collect quotes, go to an advanced page, or just start writing out things in a full fledged editor.
It's not a problem, it's functioning as designed.
It's a preference to not have it there. And I think a template edit can fix that for those admins.

Sami,
sorry I wasn't clear enough.

Floris,
In vBulletin for example, many products worked only in the advanced editor and we always had to ask th developers to apply it to "Quick reply", where they most often don't do it.
We also have to install many products to add features to the fast reply that are only avalaible in the advanced one by default.

instead of that, we can have everything in the fast reply and no need to any more addons.

And about quotes, people can collect quots in the quick reply also.

---

If the advanced page would not be removed, then we should have the ability to enable all the advanced page features and buttons (that are going to be added later). So we don't need to install addons to enable them.

I rather have everything in the quick reply editor, which is by far superior anyway, especially since quotes are also automatically placed in the quick reply box rather than the advanced editor like in vB.

I have to login to to see reply button and reply box, can we display reply button and reply box for EVERY VISITOR ? SO visitor do not have to login to see reply button and reply box and like button !

well what about fake member plugin to create many fake member for new forum ?

The reply button is visible for guests if the relevant permissions have been set, i.e. guest posting is allowed.

Guests can't like posts.

Top Bottom