1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest [Suggestion] Prioritise those you follow on list of people who liked a post

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Luke F, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

Would be nice if it showed people you follow first first rather than the seemingly random order it has currently.
  2. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

I think it orders them in order of who voted last. That way no one is always first making it look static.
  3. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

Well it would make more sense to show those you follow first, just like how Facebook shows your friends first.

It may as well be randomly ordered for all the good it does as it is.
  4. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

If they are going to order it like that, then they might as well implement it throughout the website where any list of users are ordered by friends/following and such to ensure consistency.
  5. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

Not really, unless there are other places where users are split into a couple being displayed and '2 others' etc.

I would certainly rather see at a glance that people I 'respect' (i.e. follow) liked a post, rather than the latest few who liked it.
  6. CyberAP

CyberAP Well-Known Member

I think the best way to order likes is to do it randomly because when your forum has 1000 users online, sorting people who liked the post makes a very high load on your DB.
  7. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

If it really sorts by like date, then there won't really be much difference sorting by following then like date.
  8. CyberAP

CyberAP Well-Known Member

I mean disable sorting by date and by followers. I mean to display 'likers' randomly. Of course we should have a possibility to change it in the ACP.
  9. Vladislav Rastrusny

Vladislav Rastrusny Active Member

I think this will slow things greatly.
  10. James

James Well-Known Member

Not sure if it's worth the performance load for forums with lots of users. I understand your point of view, however.
    Green Cat likes this.
  11. Green Cat

Green Cat Active Member

12. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

I follow people that post interesting things (to me).

The people that Like my posts is a way of letting me know who else might think similarly. I find it to be a way of 'meeting people', so I like the last few showing instead of just the ones I follow.

In addition, if there were groups of people that follow each other they could abuse the system much more easily. "Joe liked this post, I should like it too!"
    Darkimmortal likes this.