• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lack of interest [SUGGESTION] Poll Countdown to close

Mythotical

I have seen this suggested other forum places but not one has implemented it. I think using a countdown would be more of a visual aid then having a set date which then users would have to look up a calendar or what not to determine how long that is. Some people such as myself are just that lazy we don't want to look at a calendar.

The countdown would appear at the top or bottom of the first post in a font size of possibly 18 and in a red color. From there it begins counting down days, hours, minutes, and seconds.

Nick

I have seen this suggested other forum places but not one has implemented it. I think using a countdown would be more of a visual aid then having a set date which then users would have to look up a calendar or what not to determine how long that is. Some people such as myself are just that lazy we don't want to look at a calendar.

The countdown would appear at the top or bottom of the first post in a font size of possibly 18 and in a red color. From there it begins counting down days, hours, minutes, and seconds.
I like the idea, but IMO, the countdown would be best right below the poll.

Biker

I'd prefer to see this as a modification rather than part of the core package. With all the suggestions pouring in, it's going to be difficult to keep queries at an acceptable level.

How about something like Reverse Relative Timestamps.

Instead of 2 mins ago we have 2 mins remaining.

Basically replace the word ago with remaining for the Reverse Relative TimeStamps.

a_moment_remaining: "A moment remaining",
one_minute_remaining: "1 minute remaining",
x_minutes_remaining: "%minutes% minutes remaining",
today_at_x: "Today at %time%",
tomorrow_at_x: "Tomorrowat %time%",
day_x_at_time_y: "%day% at %time%",

Mythotical

How about something like Reverse Relative Timestamps.

Instead of 2 mins ago we have 2 mins remaining.

Basically replace the word ago with remaining for the Reverse Relative TimeStamps.

a_moment_remaining: "A moment remaining",
one_minute_remaining: "1 minute remaining",
x_minutes_remaining: "%minutes% minutes remaining",
today_at_x: "Today at %time%",
tomorrow_at_x: "Tomorrowat %time%",
day_x_at_time_y: "%day% at %time%",
I agree with this, would be an easier way to view things but as well instead of having Tomorrow %time% have "XX day(s) remaining".