1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Suggestion] Countdown to show user how much time to wait between posting new posts/threads

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by dutchbb, Aug 24, 2010.

1. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

It would be useful if a countdown is shown to let the user know how many seconds he has to wait before he is able to post again (like on the IMDb forums). Instead of trying to post and get the warning popup.

ATM in most forum software it's guessing when the waiting time is over, a live counter would improve usability :)

Onimua, Trombones13, Spenser and 4 others like this.
  2. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

in this battle, i'm with you mate! :D

dutchbb likes this.
  3. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

I like this idea too. Perhaps located directly under the Reply button. Small text to match the theme.

dutchbb and KURTZ like this.
  4. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

This should be self intuitive [i think many things here should be self intuitive].

5. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

If the flood control is set to 30 seconds or less people quickly learn at what pace to post. Having a timer would add more information being displayed.

If it was a really long timeout, such as throttling a problem group/person such as once per hour, then yes I could understand the desire.

6. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

Even for a short period of time (20-30sec), it's nice & practical to see when exactly you are aloud to post again. That's my experience anyway.

7. Spenser

Spenser Active Member

And in addition to this I think this would decrease database load.

dutchbb likes this.