[Suggestion] Countdown to show user how much time to wait between posting new posts/threads

dutchbb

It would be useful if a countdown is shown to let the user know how many seconds he has to wait before he is able to post again (like on the IMDb forums). Instead of trying to post and get the warning popup.

ATM in most forum software it's guessing when the waiting time is over, a live counter would improve usability :)

Upvote 8
If the flood control is set to 30 seconds or less people quickly learn at what pace to post. Having a timer would add more information being displayed.

If it was a really long timeout, such as throttling a problem group/person such as once per hour, then yes I could understand the desire.

Even for a short period of time (20-30sec), it's nice & practical to see when exactly you are aloud to post again. That's my experience anyway.

It would be useful if a countdown is shown to let the user know how many seconds he has to wait before he is able to post again (like on the IMDb forums). Instead of trying to post and get the warning popup.

ATM in most forum software it's guessing when the waiting time is over, a live counter would improve usability :)

And in addition to this I think this would decrease database load.

Top Bottom