1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there an indicator when a poll is going to close.

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Brandon_R, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

I saw another thread about a countdown but what comes to mind if a javascript/flash countdown timer which really doesn't fit well into the design philosophy of this software.

My question is - Is there an indicator to show when a timed poll will close?

2. Floris

Floris Guest

I vote 5000% against anything flash

3. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Same here nor anything javascripty as it goes against the philosophy of the design.

4. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Screw flash. Javascript? Maybe. Indicator for poll-closing. Put it in binary I say! Realistically, just a piece of text.

Can you elaborate on your question? I'm not getting the full grasp of it.

5. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Well actually a lot of JavaScript is used here... so not sure if your statement makes sense. :p

Perhaps something like how relative timestamps work now, but in reverse? Instead of "2 minutes ago" we can have "2 minutes remaining," perhaps showing in the forum display?

Alluidh likes this.
  6. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

Is there an indicator that shows when a timed Poll is going to close.

This is in no way a feature request thread. Alot of javascript is used here but wisely [that's the difference :D]

Ahh nice, reverse relative timestamps, your a genius.

7. Alluidh

Alluidh Well-Known Member

Very good idea, thanks for that ..

Mike or Kier, would you please? :D

8. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

"2 minutes remaining" sounds like an examiner.

9. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

I posted it in the other thread. I have to admit again, that's the best suggestion i heard all day.

10. I like the x minutes remaining idea. If the person has javascript enabled or if the admin wants the option enabled have it count down from the time that is left 00:00:00:00:00

11. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

What about using the same system that displays how long a post was made, but the other way around?

12. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

;)

13. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

Should of taken my time to read the whole thread heh... but I got to finish this project. :p