Lack of interest [Suggestion] Notice when flash not installed

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Moses

When Flash is not installed on a system, a notice should show up telling the user to install it if they want to see the content. Currently with XF, there is no notice, just an area of whitespace where the video should show.

Using Ubuntu 10.04 with both Firefox and Chrome.

Screenshots of XF and Vimeo attached - ideally XF would show a notice like the one on vimeo

Vimeo.webp

XF.webp

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
i guess the plugin code is not elaborate enough... and that is why no warning is shown...

it has become pretty crucial to have a message because of the growing popularity of Apple iPad (aargh!).

personally, i had love to see better support for HTML5 based video content. Both YouTube and Vimeo provide codes that is compatible with HTML5 that is supported by all the popular browsers (except for IE right now).

You need to install flash on your computer. But I guess you mean there should be a notice that should tell you to get it right?
I have flash now, and you're right - I was posting that the message should be there so you don't get users who can't see a video when they are missing flash. It's not often you'd test software on a plain jane OS / browser combo

yeap. youtube and vimeo both supply html5 compatible codes.

i have a feature suggestion here... integrated oembed support. would be awesome.

Top Bottom