1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest [Suggestion] Multi Coloured alerts

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Shelley, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I mentioned this in a post via another thread though the chances it was read is slim and would have been overlooked so I thought I'd suggest it via a new thread. I think implementing different coloured alerts would be beneficial and members would have some idea what kind of alert they are receiving. Say "likes" should remain red, someone is following you a Cyan (twitter colour) alert when quoted (if the feature gets implemented yellow and so on. Thoughts?
    RobinHood likes this.
  2. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

Can you make some previews? I love your previews :)

EDIT: By the way, it's a good idea :p
  3. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I'm sure people are getting sick of looking at the mockups I'm posting or atleast that what I'm assuming. :)
  4. Vincent

Start a poll and you'll see what 'people' want :p
    Shelley likes this.
  5. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

Interesting suggesting, but I think the current alerts are fine, and I don't think it's needed in most cases. But I see your point. :)
    AlexandrosD likes this.
  6. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Hehe. Hard to imagine how a picture could make it any more clear than the description right there. :)

That's a fine suggestion.
  7. Vincent

Did I say I wanted a better view on the suggestion? No, I didn't.

I just like her previews :)
  8. Jonathan

Jonathan Active Member

Dunno, I don't really see the point? All you have to do is click on it to find out.
  9. James

James Well-Known Member

I agree, in a way. If this happens, what's going to happen to the bubble that appears over "alerts" if you have multiple alerts of a different type? Is it going to stripe different colours replicating the types of alerts you have? :p on the drop-down I completely agree.
  10. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

I welcome some kind of "criticality color code" anytime. I'm more than happy to ignore a cron'ed trophy if I'm reading a thread, but less eager to do so if it's a message in private conversation for example.
  11. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Why not just prefix the alerts? e.g.

12. Vincent

That would make no sense since the phrase itself says if it's a like, reply or trophy...
  13. Jonathan

Jonathan Active Member

I suppose, but wouldn't it make the site look messy? I think if it is implemented, it should be optional and defaultly set to 'off'
  14. Sami

Sami Well-Known Member

Well I thought if there were many, it would always change to the color of last alert or keep the color of the most important or so.

Edit: about the "flag".
  15. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

simply, great idea Shelley ... ;) +1
  16. Floris

Floris Guest

I'd rather have them accordion sorted :p
  17. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

Not at all. I love mockups/screenshots, because a picture says more than... you know. Keep them coming!
  18. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Different colors for different alerts makes much sense to me. Right now the new ones have a yellow background, but that only lasts about 1/2 second before the yellow turns to white.
    Brandon_R likes this.
  19. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

20. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Quotes really need their own colour.