• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lack of interest [Suggestion] Multi Coloured alerts

Shelley

I mentioned this in a post via another thread though the chances it was read is slim and would have been overlooked so I thought I'd suggest it via a new thread. I think implementing different coloured alerts would be beneficial and members would have some idea what kind of alert they are receiving. Say "likes" should remain red, someone is following you a Cyan (twitter colour) alert when quoted (if the feature gets implemented yellow and so on. Thoughts?

Sami

Hehe. Hard to imagine how a picture could make it any more clear than the description right there. :)

That's a fine suggestion.

James

I agree, in a way. If this happens, what's going to happen to the bubble that appears over "alerts" if you have multiple alerts of a different type? Is it going to stripe different colours replicating the types of alerts you have? :p on the drop-down I completely agree.

Sami

Dunno, I don't really see the point? All you have to do is click on it to find out.
I welcome some kind of "criticality color code" anytime. I'm more than happy to ignore a cron'ed trophy if I'm reading a thread, but less eager to do so if it's a message in private conversation for example.

Jonathan

I welcome some kind of "criticality color code" anytime. I'm more than happy to ignore a cron'ed trophy if I'm reading a thread, but less eager to do so if it's a message in private conversation for example.
I suppose, but wouldn't it make the site look messy? I think if it is implemented, it should be optional and defaultly set to 'off'

Sami

I suppose, but wouldn't it make the site look messy? I think if it is implemented, it should be optional and defaultly set to 'off'
Well I thought if there were many, it would always change to the color of last alert or keep the color of the most important or so.

Edit: about the "flag".

Dean

Different colors for different alerts makes much sense to me. Right now the new ones have a yellow background, but that only lasts about 1/2 second before the yellow turns to white.