Lack of interest [Suggestion] Merge Like and Quote?

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

James

To minimise the amount of notifications received, why not merge the Like and Quote if they are related to the same Post ID?
c1078b7eb051489886a6376.png

End result:
{Name} liked and quoted your post in the thread {thread}.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Fair point :P I was just thinking to minimise notifications. If you're logging on to 60-70 notifications and only 30-35 of them are actually notifications you can reply to (quoted posts/replies to thread), it looks a lot and it isn't quite as much.

I think it's a good idea in theory, but the fact is that I like seeing all the alerts. I'm just a Pavlov Alert Dog at this point.

(Maybe I would feel differently about it if I were getting hundreds of alerts like you apparently are, Mr. Popularity.) :D

I think it's a good idea in theory, but the fact is that I like seeing all the alerts. I'm just a Pavlov Alert Dog at this point.

(Maybe I would feel differently about it if I were getting hundreds of alerts like you apparently are, Mr. Popularity.) :D
Let me know when the alerts bore you and you start to Ctrl + F on your alerts list to find alerts that don't include Like ;)

There's quite a few things you could do to minimise the alerts, such as merging alerts to do with the same posts (User X, User Y and User Z liked your post {post}). I'll have to create some modifications I expect :D

Let me know when the alerts bore you and you start to Ctrl + F on your alerts list to find alerts that don't include Like ;)

Hey, I'm not the one with the "who liked me and what awards I got" siggy, I just like seeing the alerts. :) Also, I don't have them enabled for new posts or watched threads, so I don't get all that many.

We need a "throw egg at" option on user profiles. Just so that we get an alert saying... "X threw an egg right in your face!"

Yeah, I'm not talking about them boring me personally. I was just stating. I personally have no issue with regard to the current way it's done, I just feel alerts relating to a post should be grouped together for easier viewing - but that's just me!

Alerts are generated as the action is taken so to merge a like and a quote, the code would have to revisit the alerts and merge any that fit the criteria.

That would be a lot of overhead.

Top Bottom