1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Positioning of like and comment for profile posts on new profile posts page is odd

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by RobinHood, Aug 27, 2014.

1. RobinHood

RobinHood Well-Known Member

Not really a bug, but just slightly off placements of the like and comment buttons on this page.

You have to look all the way to the right side of the page and up to click comment, then scan all the way back to the left side of the page to make the comment in the little box on the left. It's particular odd when there are a lot of replies, as your looking for a reply button that's not inline with the last post.

upload_2014-8-27_17-31-54.png

This is on a small 13" laptop screen, I imagine it's looks even more odd on a large desktop screen.

I think it's always been like this on the profile posts page, but less accentuated as the thread is further to the right, rather than aligned to the left side of the page.

I guess it's only a problem on fluid themes too, so probably more of a suggestion than a bug, to move these two buttons closer to the report button somehow...or have a comment/reply button at the bottom of the thread.

Robust, Grover and FredC like this.
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I don't totally disagree with you, but the structure is basically the same as with posts so that's where the design comes from.

I will move this to suggestions though.

RobinHood likes this.
  3. RobinHood

Yep, indeed. I figured I'd mention it anyway now that more attention is being drawn towards the use of status updates and it threw me for a moment when I encountered it.

4. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

I agree with you. In fact 4 years ago, I mentioned this in this sugegstion: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/comment-on-a-profile-posting.7082/

It got the label [Lack of Interest]...

RobinHood likes this.
  5. RobinHood

Ha, your example with the arrow in that thread is quite extreme, makes the point though.

I think having the single line comment box always available for logged in users at the bottom of the status update or status update thread as per your suggestion/facebook that expands or adds the avatar and submit button on focus would be the way forward. Then the comment button could be removed completely.

Grover likes this.