Lack of interest [Suggestion!] - Members Online Sorting Options

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm sure they plan on fleshing out the member list, it just isn't that super high priority I'd think. It doesn't have any sorting or anything yet...

Sort by posts, by likes, by followers, by following, by name, by join date, by trophies

These are all the things I am interested in seeing - specially with the followers/following - vB/IPB/MyBB/Other do not have the feature where you can search how many 'friends' a user has.

Question .. if you didn't find it, do you need it? And that's the whole point.
And I think when I use it it is about finding a user, typing in their name will help me find them.

Question .. if you didn't find it, do you need it? And that's the whole point.
And I think when I use it it is about finding a user, typing in their name will help me find them.

Hmm, true. To be honest, now that I think about it, I've never really used a member list all that often anyway. And, even when I have, I've just used the "Search Members".

Yeah, we actually debated about the members list. It kinda just appeared early in dev as we needed a way to get to profiles. I think having "most x" pages are probably useful, but I'm not sure how much additional filtering is necessary.

On a massive board, the whole members list, even with A-Z links, is a) useless and b) a big performance hit.

Yeah, we actually debated about the members list. It kinda just appeared early in dev as we needed a way to get to profiles. I think having "most x" pages are probably useful, but I'm not sure how much additional filtering is necessary.

On a massive board, the whole members list, even with A-Z links, is a) useless and b) a big performance hit.

Yeah, looking at the member list again, I see "Find Member" (I love the username suggestion btw, and the "popup" you get when clicking on a username). Which for me, would be enough to make A-Z unnecessary. :)

The memberlist is only useful once you want to evil mass pm or mail or chat the users of a forum.

No, the memberlist should be changed to "My friends" "The people who may be of interest for me to interact not in the forum, but privately in a private message conversation". Other than that, there is no use for it !

I might get rid of it as a LIST, but still keep the "Search for Member" functionality. That can be useful if you sorta kinda know what username you're looking for the profile of, but are unsure of the details of how it's spelled etc.

Basically I don't think we need a memberlist, but we DO need the ability to search for a member name.

I propose and suggest that the 'Members Online' list be sorted alphabetically. It currently isn't.

*Apologies if this suggestion has ever been made before. I looked around and couldn't find it.

It's not that big of an issue with me. If I need to know whether someone's online I can just Ctrl + F... not sure what other reason this'd warrant alphabetising the memberlist.

It's not that big of an issue with me. If I need to know whether someone's online I can just Ctrl + F... not sure what other reason this'd warrant alphabetising the memberlist.

Across what could be hundreds of pages? :confused:

Might be easier to search for members through the member list, then look at their status.

Well I'm talking from the end user 'point of view'. Sure, most of us know that we can use the 'Find' feature in our browser. However how many people do you think really want to do that? I was checking to see if a member was online, and had to sort through the online list to find said name. Having it sorted alphabetically would make it much easier, and cleaner. Think about it from a usability POV and from the POV of people who are not fully tech savvy.

I generally just Ctrl + F on the homepage. If I do need to go to the full online list I just search for the member in the memberlist.

Mike mentioned that sorting the 'whos online' list would consume significant resources. Not sure where the thread is.

Top Bottom