Lack of interest [Suggestion] member groups 'own' a subforum

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

dieketzer

when doing something such as hosting clan boards, meaning a subforum, it is nice to be able to allow them to alter thier clan board header image and colours, assign their own moderators/access masks/ban-lists, etc, without constant intervention from myself. i have been able to achieve this functionality on vb using hacks and such, but it would be nice if the permission system allowed for this out of the box.

my dream:
as an admin, i can assign a user-created group to a subforum. the group founder becomes a 'mini admin' of sorts, able to alter the colours, change the logo, ban users from their sub board, this sort of thing.

imo this is a great solution to two problems:
a. tedious intervention on subforums
b. unused usergroup threads.

what are the chances of this sort of functionality making its way into xenforo?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I personally feel this would be better suited to a modification. Most of the functionality is there to some degree, it would just have to be exposed differently.

This sounds like social groups functionality in vB. A social group is just a user definable forum with the ability to define style and permissions.

I personally feel this would be better suited to a modification. Most of the functionality is there to some degree, it would just have to be exposed differently.
aww :(

This sounds like social groups functionality in vB. A social group is just a user definable forum with the ability to define style and permissions.
im talking about actual subforums that are visible on forumhome. the existing social group 'forum' is far from what i am talking about.

I've never seen a forum where this functionality is used extensively.
thats cos its a pain in the ass to implement!

Not only is it a pain in the backside to implement, but the hassle of putting up with the complaints because some pudknocker has a "god" complex in the subforum isn't worth it.

Not only is it a pain in the backside to implement, but the hassle of putting up with the complaints because some pudknocker has a "god" complex in the subforum isn't worth it.
thats when i tell them that it is his clan board to moderate as he sees fit, full stop ;)

The guys relegating an item of functionality to a community plugin is not necessarily a bad thing. They should come along thick and fast once the coding community starts up.

Top Bottom