Lack of interest [Suggestion] Maximum amount of users online

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

soloarquitectura

Is there any way to see the maximum amount of users online and the day it happened?
It is a feature much appreciated by my users.
They love to know when the record was achieved.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
most member ever online
Please please..
notworthy.gif

This feature is not a "must", it is more like something extra you get but you do not really miss it if you do not have that.

I always thought it was a pretty pointless statistic, since it mainly reflected a Spider Surge. But I suppose if your most-online number is something like 5000 you'd want to show it off.

Really though - why not just add it as text, and make up any number you like. "Most online - two billion on 4/7/2010." It's not like anyone will know the difference. Or care.

Because my forum is based on a seasonal subject, we have an annual "party" where as many members as possible try and log in at a set time, so we can smash the on-line record for that year. It has become a tradition :) So it will be a shame to lose that statistic, but not enough of a shame to keep me with vBulletin :)

You sure can't trust it because new forums get hit with a spambot attack and that most of the time is the figure the script uses.

Because my forum is based on a seasonal subject, we have an annual "party" where as many members as possible try and log in at a set time, so we can smash the on-line record for that year. It has become a tradition :) So it will be a shame to lose that statistic, but not enough of a shame to keep me with vBulletin :)

Ah. Cool tradition. :) I hope someone writes a Mod for you!

I do not think it is a useless statistic, and if properly coded it should not take into account spiders, or at least users that are obviously spiders. In the forums I worked with and for, the small line in the lower part of the forums was often a reminder of an important event, happy or sad, that happened in the community. It could mark the release of a new game, or the death of one of the most active members in the community.

But I think that a small modification would do just fine. I did not have a chance to code anything from Xenforo, but I suppose you have some class to determine if the user is actually a spider. Once you have that, updating two fields - most members count and date this happened - if the value of total users online is higher than the one in the database would be trivial.

We've actually been waiting to see how long it would be until someone commented that we don't have that.

Three months. I guess people don't really miss it eh?
I always have found it marginally entertaining.

But I think it is time to jettison that now...

I look at it every now and again to see if we've managed to drag more people in for a look-see. Noticed it wasn't part of XF when I signed up, just not a biggy.

Be nice if a mod was done for it, def don't see it as part of the core, though.

Top Bottom