[Suggestion] Mass PC/E-Mail

Been Told

I think mass e-mail is included in vBulletin as standard, but I never use that.
What I do use though, is mass PMs.
With those you can reach your members while they are browsing your forum. And those who are not browsing the forum, will get a notification e-mail.

In my own forums I have only clocked 2 or 3 people who turned off PM notifications via e-mail.

But just to cover both bases, I would suggest a mass PM and mass E-Mail feature. And that "can't reply to this message" option is really good for those mass PMs.

I did run a search and haven't found anything with "mass" in it - so I'm hoping this one isn't a duplicate. If it is, I apologize.

Upvote 10
The dev's would also have to add a new "unsubscribe from mass private conversation"* option in addition to the existing "site mailings" checkbox in the privacy options.

* Isn't that an oxymoron: mass private conversation?

The dev's would also have to add a new "unsubscribe from mass private conversation"* option in addition to the existing "site mailings" checkbox in the privacy options.

* Isn't that an oxymoron: mass private conversation?
"Receive personal conversations from admins?"

Just like right now it's: "Receive e-mail from admins?"

Although "receive personal conversation" sounds stupid...
You could just say "Receive messages from admins" or something.

I think a notice system would do much more good here as it's basically the same thing without the overhead of actually sending everyone a Personal Conversation per say.

I think a notice system would do much more good here as it's basically the same thing without the overhead of actually sending everyone a Personal Conversation per say.
Good idea. But if people have e-mail notifications for new personal conversations, they should also be getting a notification when they receive this notice.

I like to mass-PM in vBulletin so that I'm not spamming people's e-mail inboxes. I like to keep forum stuff on the forum :p

+1 to this.

The PM will send an email , ah crap,

The Private Conversation tool hereonforth PM, will send an email to the receiver... :rolleyes: so email boxes will be filled...

The PM will send an email , ah crap,

The Private Conversation tool hereonforth PM, will send an email to the receiver... :rolleyes: so email boxes will be filled...
E-mails will be filled if the user has selected to receive an e-mail upon new conversation. If they have, that's their problem!

I understand that, but there is no difference than with sending an email, same rule applies.
Although I agree that the PC/PM is a call to login to the forum to get the message, personally I find email less work.

mass PC would be highly beneficial for me I must say, Notices are a good way of doing things but when you have an unique forum setup with multiple departments & sections, where notices would clash, it can be a little overwhelming. Another note is that with a Mass PC the first thing that logged-in user will see is that Bright Red 1 (stating he has a new PC) which in the end he/she will take time to look at the first before even looking or browsing the rest of the forums. This could be a great way to give all of your users an important update/etc... for that particular subject!

Top Bottom