Lack of interest [Suggestion] List of words to make exempt from Automatically Adjust Case of Discussion Titles

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

webroxau

Our sports forum users use different Three Letter Acronyms in thread titles, such as USA, NBA, NFL, AFL, NRL etc etc

If we enable Title case in "Automatically Adjust Case of Discussion Titles" it will change these acronyms to Nrl or Nba - if we enable sentence case it changes them to nrl or nba

Is it possible to have a list of words we can make exempt from the case change with this setting, and leave the exempt word as the author wrote it ?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Well it's a very old thread, but I am finding myself looking for a way to exempt abbreviations and I don't run sport forums. Maybe it's just the 2 of us, but I would love to see abbreviations (3 or more letters) get some love.

Well it's a very old thread, but I am finding myself looking for a way to exempt abbreviations and I don't run sport forums. Maybe it's just the 2 of us, but I would love to see abbreviations (3 or more letters) get some love.
Me too.

If someon dies it seems more respectful to say RIP rather than Rip

Me too.

If someon dies it seems more respectful to say RIP rather than Rip

AdminCp -> Options -> Censoring

Word to replace: nhl
Replace with Nhl
Word to replace: Nhl
Replace with: NHL

The above is an example. The best part is it is retroactive, so to speak, as it doesn't actually change anything within the post or title, but displays them as you would like when the post or title is viewed.

As you come across more acronyms you would like to be displayed in all caps, just add them in, :)

AdminCp -> Options -> Censoring

Word to replace: nhl
Replace with Nhl
Word to replace: Nhl
Replace with: NHL

The above is an example. The best part is it is retroactive, so to speak, as it doesn't actually change anything within the post or title, but displays them as you would like when the post or title is viewed.

Doesn't work because then nobody can say rip or Rip when they want it to be lower case., it always converts to RIP.

Top Bottom