Lack of interest [suggestion] Group the people you follow

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I agree... the more overviews, the more grouping comes in handy. I requested groups for Contacts/Friends in vBulletin over and over again... yes, the story becomes old... also this was never picked up.

Talking about overviews... grouping will also come in handy with the Alerts dropdown or big overview: this was requested before.

If this were to get implemented, it could probably be extended to permissions so you can allow/deny parts of your profile to specific groups followers only.

If this were to get implemented, it could probably be extended to permissions so you can allow/deny parts of your profile to specific groups followers only.

What I'm asking for is the ability to group the people I follow, and has nothing to do with those who are following me. Perhaps you should suggest this separately?

The only reason I want the groupings is to be able to get different news feeds, for example a news feed expressly for Kier, Mike, and Ashley's stuff.

What I'm asking for is the ability to group the people I follow, and has nothing to do with those who are following me. Perhaps you should suggest this separately?

The only reason I want the groupings is to be able to get different news feeds, for example a news feed expressly for Kier, Mike, and Ashley's stuff.
I understand but I couldn't even suggest what I did without this being implemented first. :p I'm saying if this was implemented, the functionality could extend beyond simply filtering out things that show up in the news feed.

Just doing what you suggested seems limited in scope to be worthwhile so expanding that to a wider view could prove its implementation worthwhile. I like your idea, I'm just expanding on your idea into something bigger. :)

I think we need to have SOMETHING along these lines, I haven't really dug into it that much, but the point is that the advantages of following are NOT intuitive and somewhat buried, at least by the default configuration.

You can do that by visiting their recent activity on their profile, but I see your point.

Would people want to be able to Tweet Alert their followers of something. Almost like an instant message to all the followers ?
That doesn't have my vote, a recipe for disaster if you ask me. Instant message alerts? No thank you. They have statuses to alert their followers, or a post, or a PC.

Top Bottom