[Suggestion] Forum Icons

Agreed. A large number of people are more iconoliterate than literate ;).
Seriously, people respond better to clear images, so having the option of using them to give forums a clear identity is a good idea.

And just to show that it's not just a single purpose thing: it'd also be very useful for Forum Sponsorship purposes. We do something similar via template hacks in vB but it'd be nice to have it built in.

Agreed. A large number of people are more iconoliterate than literate ;).
Seriously, people respond better to clear images, so having the option of using them to give forums a clear identity is a good idea.

And just to show that it's not just a single purpose thing: it'd also be very useful for Forum Sponsorship purposes. We do something similar via template hacks in vB but it'd be nice to have it built in.

yes, i'm asking for cause i saw that the phpBB owns this feature ...

No, after finishing forums, they should write a suggestion management system, complete with up/down voting on suggestions, giving suggestions a rating on "difficulty to implement", marking the "likelyhood of implementation", wiki editing of the actual solution/suggestion so all the related ideas and improvements are not lost in an enormous thread etc. :) ;)

No, after finishing forums, they should write a suggestion management system, complete with up/down voting on suggestions, giving suggestions a rating on "difficulty to implement", marking the "likelyhood of implementation", wiki editing of the actual solution/suggestion so all the related ideas and improvements are not lost in an enormous thread etc. :) ;)

Touché! :)

I like this idea, though I'd be fine with writing a small mod to just grab the icon from a directory based on the forum ID, and just set opacity to be lowered if there are no new posts.

I really like how the display picture of the user who posted the thread is used instead of a thread icon like in other forum solutions. This made me think that maybe each forum should have a unique icon for it as well?

For example a sports forum could have a racket and a ball whilst a movies forum could have a camera.

vB has a plugin that can make this possible but I think it would be a nice touch for XF to have by default.

Edit: Oops, made an error in my title and can't seem to fix it.

I do not think they have this in version 1 supported, and seeing how low the % is of sites actually using that feature, I am not sure if it will make it in. Personally, I like it.

I do not think they have this in version 1 supported, and seeing how low the % is of sites actually using that feature, I am not sure if it will make it in. Personally, I like it.

If there is such feature, then I think many admins will make use of it in a way or another. I like it too.

Top Bottom