Duplicate [Suggestion] Dis - Like

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Sorry if this has been discussed before, I did search but a million dislike references came up.

Is there any plans to have a "dislike" or opposite of like built into the system?
Would probably be easy to add it as a mod, but Kier stated he doesn't want to add it.

I much rather like a post, and respond with something wittily sarcastic. I don't do it here though, but I have one member who says the stupidest things sometimes, so I always have to mess with him.

...sometimes it is a way of indicating yes or no to something, much like the developers here are using the amount of likes to determine if they should include something or not.

A dislike doesn't necessarily reflect a bad member, just a bad idea, or a bad post etc... it is not as harsh as the negative rep system imho.

Rather have dislike than harsh replies imo.
If people want to be harsh/negative, I highly doubt they won't reply even if they had a dislike button. I don't know anyone who's usually negative that won't have the need to put in a word about it.

Still feel that clients not like "dislike" marks too.
(negative image may arise , like the infractions imposed.Sound worse if member using a COMPANY NAME as their username)

For a rating and review niche forum, that is ok.
"Dislike" marks reflect different idea or opinion.

For other or business/profit-making/ forums,we MUST search for the "diable" button/option from system settings.
Finally, we disable it at once.

If people want to be harsh/negative, I highly doubt they won't reply even if they had a dislike button. I don't know anyone who's usually negative that won't have the need to put in a word about it.
I disagree, in many cases it would suffice clicking the dislike button I think.

I disagree, in many cases it would suffice clicking the dislike button I think.
I know what you're saying, and I agree with it, but I'm saying generally if someone has negative thought about something, they will post about it.

I think of it as "If you have nothing good to say, then say nothing at all" approach with how the Like button is used.

Also, I believe many times someone doesn't post a negative comment just so he doesn't create an argument, he could use the dislike button instead, increasing forum activity.

And by the way, forums aren't usually places with the love and peace mentality, where everyone holds hands and have group hugs, and that is one of the reasons it attracts some people.

And by the way, forums aren't usually places with the love and peace mentality, where everyone holds hands and have group hugs, and that is one of the reasons it attracts some people.

Addon: groups for brighter future or profits share.

Do forget any 'likes' or 'dislikes'.
We do ask our juniors to make the desired pattern.
A true , helpful or creative comment is welcome most for your business growth.

You can't have good without bad, ying without yang, up without down, need I go on...

If it isn't built in I am sure it will be one of the first 3rd party mods produced for xenforo.. seems ridiculous to have only like without dislike (and the admin option to disable it if that is your preference) I personally don't have neg rep on my board, but that is my choice, I would hate to not have that choice.

I think it should be an option to have both like and dislike or just like. I don't think I would use dislike myself, but I would like it to be an option if I wanted to use it.

then as an Admin it would be your right to not activate the dislike option :)

I think it should be an option to have both like and dislike or just like. I don't think I would use dislike myself, but I would like it to be an option if I wanted to use it.

Agreed, ah, it's so frustrating when people say "I wouldn't use it, therefore it shouldn't included"

The point is that there are a lot of valid uses for a "Dislike" button. It's a feature that a lot of customers are going to want, and customers will never stop asking for it. If you do not include it in the package, there will be mods created for it. I understand that there are cases in which a feature isn't included because not enough people are going to want/use it, but this isn't one of those in my opinion. A large percentage of potential XF customers are going to want this functionality.

I think this functionality should be included. If it's not included, then that means that the creators of XF are dictating how their customers should run their forums.

Having said all of that, if you are curious, no, I personally would not enable "Dislike" functionality in my forums...doesn't prevent me from understanding why others would (and need to) though.

Agreed, ah, it's so frustrating when people say "I wouldn't use it, therefore it shouldn't included"

The point is that there are a lot of valid uses for a "Dislike" button. It's a feature that a lot of customers are going to want, and customers will never stop asking for it. If you do not include it in the package, there will be mods created for it. I understand that there are cases in which a feature isn't included because not enough people are going to want/use it, but this isn't one of those in my opinion. A large percentage of potential XF customers are going to want this functionality.

I think this functionality should be included. If it's not included, then that means that the creators of XF are dictating how their customers should run their forums.

Having said all of that, if you are curious, no, I personally would not enable "Dislike" functionality in my forums...doesn't prevent me from understanding why others would (and need to) though.

There is a Dis Like button without all the hassle of user retaliation by flaming and such. It's simply not clicking the Like Button. I think the logic here is fine.

The main reason a dislike button isn't adding is because most often, when someone likes a thread, they either have little else to say and won't respond anymore then 1-3 words, whereas if they dislike a thread they often have more to say.

A disagreement between views on a subject will almost always result in a post, whereas similar views will more then less not result in a post.

There is a Dis Like button without all the hassle of user retaliation by flaming and such. It's simply not clicking the Like Button. I think the logic here is fine.

Thats basically not sharing any feedback on a post, which is neither liking nor disliking it.

I can see the need for a dislike feature, though I've never seen it -not- abused, which is why others and myself are against it.

Top Bottom