Lack of interest [Suggestion] Deny member registration on specifics

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
could be added as spam prevention as well as to make sure a user is from certain region...

edit: I'd deny the .cn and .ru most likely :p

Mail filter would be amazing.

I have a bunch of trolls that'll spam register and try to cause problems with my site. 

You can do email banning, and you should be able to ban *.cn or *.ru if you wish.

Email bans prevent people from registering with that email or changing their email address to that.

You can do email banning, and you should be able to ban *.cn or *.ru if you wish.

Email bans prevent people from registering with that email or changing their email address to that.

Does the system deal with people who currently have registered accounts with banned email domains?

Define "deals". It doesn't revoke accounts with those emails. That would be quite over the top.

Define "deals". It doesn't revoke accounts with those emails. That would be quite over the top.

Well, would the system notify the user that the email they have registered with is now banned for registration, or maybe open a private conversation with an admin with a note/messsage?

It doesn't do anything with existing accounts. It prevents the emails from being used in the future.

Instead of banning emails, it would be nice to be able to let them register but put them in a different user group based on email domain (or based on other factors).

Top Bottom