Implemented [Suggestion] Changeable Background

iGamer

I was thinking that if in the admin panel, the admin can set what he or she wants the background of the site to be.

So if the background was all white of the entire site, and i create one i want to use i can simply specify that and upload the image i want to use, and set it as the background.

If this can be done on a per forum basis as well, then that would be even so much better.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Doing it site wide should be pretty easy as it stands. Per forum might get a bit trickier, but I'm thinking it would be pretty straight forward to handle through jQuery that looks at the forum id and sets the appropriate background. I seem to recall Mike saying that it would be doable to retrive the forum id and use it to add in conditional changes like making the Quick Navigation menu have forum specific options in it.

If there was a part in the admin panel where you can just browse to an image and set it as BG for entire forum would help a lot for those that really don't like messing with code, or going in to edit CSS, or anything like that.

Just a simple way of doing it i think would be great. I know on a per forum basis would entail lots of more code, but it's a thought.

For someone like be that runs a couple of gaming forums, and to have a background that pertains to each game forum, that would be a neat addition to the features that xF already has. Plus i also run some photography forums and it would be neat to have a BG for each of the manufacturers forum.. But this is just a thought and a suggestion.

::nods::
The good thing is, if it's NOT in the core system I'm guessing it would be a pretty straightforward addon to develop. I certainly would like to have the ability to specify representative icons and other forum specific configuration.

You can configure per forum options with xenForo's template system so for forum X say Call of Duty in the css you can put a COD background image etc.

You can configure per forum options with xenForo's template system so for forum X say Call of Duty in the css you can put a COD background image etc.
Brandon, do you have a ref for that? Was that in Kier's Style vid? Or is this some info on the template system that I missed?

Top Bottom