Not planned [Suggestion] Change "Add Media" FA icon from \f0fe to \f044 for consistency

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
You can do this by simply adding this in your Extra.less
.button.button--icon--add>.button-text:before, a.button.button--icon--add>.button-text:before {
content: "\f044" !important;
}

I think XF has done this intentionally due to it's use.

This is the wrong forum for media gallery suggestions (there's a separate media gallery suggestions forum) but I don't actually agree.

The icon used for thread and resources implies written content. While resources are uploads, you do have to (or should) write a reasonable amount of text, similar to that of a thread, so the pencil icon makes sense there.

The process of uploading media doesn't involve much (if any) writing, therefore the + icon makes more sense than the pencil icon.

This is probably something you'd be better off changing yourself if you prefer a different approach.

If I was to pick one that was off here it would be Resource :p
What would you use instead for add resource? 🤔 I was contemplating going with a different 'add' icon for each of the sections but wasn't coming up with anything on what kind of icon would represent adding a new resource listing. In some use cases I have 'resources' that don't have attachments so leaving it as the pencil icon was my conclusion for the reasoning Chris gave above.

Depends on what you call you section or what your site's theme is, some people call it Downloads, Store, etc. Or some people call it Resources but it may be blueprints, or engine specs. ;)

Depends on what you call you section or what your site's theme is, some people call it Downloads, Store, etc. Or some people call it Resources but it may be blueprints, or engine specs. ;)
Well, since we've been talking about the stock "Resources" name.... ;)

Top Bottom