Lack of interest [Suggestion] Bump Thread

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Shelley

I requested this hack from nick back when he had vbnova because current bump scripts didn't allow certain features. I'd love to see it as a core feature.
  • Bump your thread up to the top of the thread list (permission based) I have it set for admins so admins can only see the bump thread text and bump threads.
  • It will say it's the latest post on the forum home via the forum status icon updating and last post (forumhome/thread display) updating (which other bump script features didn't have)
  • The thread title will go bold (thread display).
  • The forum icon will change as if there is a new post in the forum.
This is a great feature to have to bump threads you don't wish to post in such as sticky threads, forum rule threads for that particular section etc.

Edit: You could even make use of the alerts system with this one by alerting members of sticky/forum rule threads when bumped. Bump + Alert, or just Bump.

Attachments

• bump.webp
    bump.webp
    20.5 KB · Views: 25
Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
If it's entertained I'm sure Kier and Mike can bring in something extra special with this core feature suggestion. ;) Where I have text in thread display I think if entertained here I feel and icon would be appropriate so it doesn't use up to much space and keeps consistency.

This is something we make regular use of on vb - bumping rules and guidelines etc. so that new members see the threads without searching for them, and so that current members are reminded of important information. It's a really vital feature for us! :)

This is something we make regular use of on vb - bumping rules and guidelines etc. so that new members see the threads without searching for them, and so that current members are reminded of important information. It's a really vital feature for us! :)

We both feel the same regarding the use of this feature. I concur, this would be a valuable feature to have as a admin/moderators tool to bump those threads such as guidelines, important sticky topics that otherwise get missed due to not appearing as new threads.

I wonder if anyone would be up for making an add-on for this. It's really annoying to not be able to bump threads lol

images

Top Bottom