1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest [Suggestion] Bump Thread

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Shelley, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I requested this hack from nick back when he had vbnova because current bump scripts didn't allow certain features. I'd love to see it as a core feature.
    • Bump your thread up to the top of the thread list (permission based) I have it set for admins so admins can only see the bump thread text and bump threads.
    • It will say it's the latest post on the forum home via the forum status icon updating and last post (forumhome/thread display) updating (which other bump script features didn't have)
    • The thread title will go bold (thread display).
    • The forum icon will change as if there is a new post in the forum.
    This is a great feature to have to bump threads you don't wish to post in such as sticky threads, forum rule threads for that particular section etc.

Edit: You could even make use of the alerts system with this one by alerting members of sticky/forum rule threads when bumped. Bump + Alert, or just Bump.

Attached Files:

Jo., Eric and Onimua like this.
  2. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

3. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

I can see how this could by useful in some cases, so, +1. ;)
  4. Shelley

If it's entertained I'm sure Kier and Mike can bring in something extra special with this core feature suggestion. ;) Where I have text in thread display I think if entertained here I feel and icon would be appropriate so it doesn't use up to much space and keeps consistency.
  5. Jo.

Jo. Well-Known Member

This is something we make regular use of on vb - bumping rules and guidelines etc. so that new members see the threads without searching for them, and so that current members are reminded of important information. It's a really vital feature for us! :)
    Shelley likes this.
  6. Shelley

We both feel the same regarding the use of this feature. I concur, this would be a valuable feature to have as a admin/moderators tool to bump those threads such as guidelines, important sticky topics that otherwise get missed due to not appearing as new threads.
    Jo. likes this.
  7. Jo.

Jo. Well-Known Member

I wonder if anyone would be up for making an add-on for this. It's really annoying to not be able to bump threads lol
  8. CroNiX

CroNiX Active Member

9. Jo.

Jo. Well-Known Member

lol. okay... it's really annoying to not be able to bump threads without posting a reply!
  10. CroNiX

CroNiX Active Member

I wonder if it could be as simple as updating the timestamp on last_post_date for the id of the thread.