[Suggestion] Better functionality when clicking your Mini-Me

Luke F

As it stands, clicking a Mini-Me opens your own member card, which is completely pointless.

I recently found myself looking at a thread and wanting to see my post in it, and one of the things I tried was clicking the Mini-Me. It would be great if doing that actually took you to your first post in a thread :)

And to keep a consistent design, clicking your fullsize avatar on a thread you have made should probably take you to the OP.

Edit: And clicking your Mini-Me on a thread you have created should take you to your second post (if applicable), I guess.

Upvote 11
As it stands, clicking a Mini-Me opens your own member card, which is completely pointless.

I recently found myself looking at a thread and wanting to see my post in it, and one of the things I tried was clicking the Mini-Me. It would be great if doing that actually took you to your first post in a thread :)

I completely agree. It is also logical/intuitive thinking, because it already says on the tooltip' You have posted x messages in this thread', so yes clicking it to bring you to an overview of those posts you made would be great. It was already suggested somewhere and Mike commented on it.

Merge time?

I completely agree. It is also logical/intuitive thinking, because it already says on the tooltip' You have posted x messages in this thread', so yes clicking it to bring you to an overview of those posts you made would be great. It was already suggested somewhere and Mike commented on it.

Merge time?
we have already discuss it ... i've pointed out this sometime ago ... (and off course we agreed) ;)

Clicking on the mini-me and having it do something would be cool, and could save much time if a thread is really really long. The maximum flexibility would be a 'search for all my posts', the way I typically use a forum is to find my last post. Either one would be good. If go to last post does not invoke the search function, that might be better from a performance point of view.

I like the small avatar if I've posted in a thread. How about if I click on that it takes me to my last post in this thread? Not always the same as "first not viewed" especially in a very long or old thread.

Instead of bringing us to the Membercard of ourselves when we click on the mini-me (which in itself is quite, if not without any use/value isn't it... we KNOW who we are ourselves, don't we? :confused:)... the functionality of the tooltip should be expanded really. 'You have posted 2 messages in this thread' should actually show us the links to those postings. So, you can jump to your last posting in 1 go and any other postings you've posted for that matter.

I mean, come on...think about it: 'You have posted 2 messages in this thread' .... who cares?! Do I care if I posted 4 or 5 or 16 messages in a thread? Nope. Obviously. But I do care to see them yes. The number doesn't provide any value... the contents do!

Clicking on the mini-me and having it do something would be cool, and could save much time if a thread is really really long. The maximum flexibility would be a 'search for all my posts'...

Yup, it's indeed totally pointless that clicking on your own mini-me brings you to your own Membercard:

Instead of bringing us to the Membercard of ourselves when we click on the mini-me (which in itself is quite, if not without any use/value isn't it... we KNOW who we are ourselves, don't we? )... the functionality of the tooltip should be expanded really. 'You have posted 2 messages in this thread' should actually show us the links to those postings. So, you can jump to your last posting in 1 go and any other postings you've posted for that matter.

I mean, come on...think about it: 'You have posted 2 messages in this thread' .... who cares?! Do I care if I posted 4 or 5 or 16 messages in a thread? Nope. Obviously. But I do care to see them yes. The number doesn't provide any value... the contents do!

Supported.

I rather would suggest the following:

clicking on my own mini-me in a specific thread should go to my own first post in that specific thread.

Top Bottom