1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest [Suggestion] ACP option 'disable thread link goes to first unread'

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by dutchbb, Sep 25, 2010.

1. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

I know this has been discussed before and I know it's working as designed, but I can't get used to it and I just know my users wont either.

Would it be possible to make an ACP option for it so we can disable it and thread links always go to the first post?

Onimua and CFodder like this.
  2. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

Second that motion, it's the one thing that has thrown me a bit I must admit.

3. Enigma

Enigma Well-Known Member

I'm somewhat opposed to an admin option for this. Once you get used to the new behavior (going to first unread post by default), it actually works a lot better. It would be a lot more efficient for all users to be able to "count on" this behavior on any XenForo-powered site they might visit, instead of some going to the first unread post and some going to the beginning of the thread. That's my take on it anyway.

4. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I agree with Enigma on this. Kier and I have talked about it a number of times. If there's going to be an option (and there probably will be IMO), it has to be a user option. Otherwise they have to change their expectations on every forum.

5. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

Ok I actually agree it should be a user option. Makes perfect sense since it's so personal. I really tried to get used to it, but for some reason it does not always shows the first unread for me.