• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lack of interest [Suggestion] ability to parse conditional in custom scalar style properties

Miko

The current style properties are fantastic and give us more control than any other forum software on the market.

They are almost perfect but with a small flaw: you cannot use them to parse conditional entered in scalar style properties.

Wouldn't be great if we could just create a custom scalar style properties and use it to enter custom conditional

Like for example <xen:if is="conditional here">

And have a second scalar with the closing if </xen:if>

Then i could enter in a template. @myfirstscalar. Some code in here @myclosingscalar

Unfortunately right now the template will not parse the conditional and render it as plain text :(

I also would like to see extra style properties: Text area, select menus, multiple tick boxes...

Thank you :)

Miko

Miko

I didn't really follow what you want. Can you show me a bit of hypothetical template code?
Hi Mike,

I created 2 scalar style properties

First one named, xen_test_start and the second xen_test_end

In the first one in the string field I enter any type of template conditional for example

Code:
<xen:if is="{$forum.node_id} == 1">
In the second scalar property under sting I enter

Code:
</xen:if>
Now in a template were the above conditional should normally work i should be able to simply enter

Code:
@xen_test_start  my HTML here @xen_test_end
And that should be identical as entering this directly in the template

Code:
<xen:if is="{$forum.node_id} == 1"> my HTML here </xen:if>
problem is that when the template is rendered the conditional is actually showing as plain text in the front end.

Doest it make sense ? Posting from an iPad and can't attach a screenshot.

If it's still not clear I will post you one later today :)

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
It makes sense now, but it's a fundamental change to the compilation process. I can't see it being feasible.

Miko

Feeling sad about it.... had so many good use for it :(

Thanks anyway Mike, appreciate the time you took for looking into it.