Suggest webhost for xenForo?

ang1el

Dear All,

I am switching to xenForo from VB4 along with webhost. I would realy need your help to get the best webhost for xenForo.

Thanks in advance.

This is awesome (servint.com). Thanks Optima, for the information.

I am looking for small business hosting like Yahoo. I have very limited budget and starting new forum, new members. So, very little users will be there.

As 0ptima said, how big is your current forum installation (members, threads, posts, traffic)?

Depending on your budget, you could take a look at Linode. Thousands recommend and use Linode, they offer unmanaged VPS', however... if you don't feel comfortable setting up a server yourself they have a really big and friendly community hanging out on both their forums and their IRC channel. I could also help if you go down the Linode route, just hit me up with a conversation.

Thanks Null.

I am just starting a new forum and there wouldn't be much user less than 50 for few months and then it will increases up to hundreds and then thousand in couple of years. I went to the Linode, it seems pretty good, but does that $19.95/month or per year. I guess per month.

Can anyone tell me their experience with Yahoo Webhosting?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks Null.

I am just starting a new forum and there wouldn't be much user less than 50 for few months and then it will increases up to hundreds and then thousand in couple of years. I went to the Linode, it seems pretty good, but does that $19.95/month or per year. I guess per month.

Can anyone tell me their experience with Yahoo Webhosting?

Thanks in advance.

It is per month, yes - but the service and stability you get from Linode is worth every penny, trust me!

I have never used Yahoo's web hosting services but in my opinion, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. Smaller web hosting companies have your interest at heart as they wish to keep you as a customer, whereas big corporations won't really give a toss, another 'customer' will be a long to replace you.

I provide high end hosting if your looking for a trouble free solution, plans starting at 25 a month, 100% uptime or you pay nothing. :)

Its not cheap, but it is a end all problems solution and people love it.

Unlimited hosting? Do you have an unlimited wallet? A car with unlimited speed?
Unlimited is nonsense and doesn't exist. Read How to choose a Web Host.
Trust me I have 6 different server from them alone, I started with them and they have been the best to me since day 1. Also referring to what I have said as nonsense is totally out of line...I have never got charged extra for anything...in fact they walked me though for an hour on the phone when I first started on a VPS; instructing me how to setup my NS and other things, that was also free, and I don't just have webservers there for public pages. I have completely private servers there which I use to stream media to my craptop where ever I go as well as on my iphones pc's ect bottom line is I use more bandwidth than a heavily populated forum community. And I started with a cheap package. On a vps I have an upload and convert to stream to my devices. Point is proven time after time....they back their words. I have the experiance to tell about it. You need a lot of forum traffic to equal the data sent equivalent to a 1gb movie. Do the math.

Most shared hosting companies start out with good intentions and good service, but overselling is how they make their money, so given enough time you will experience issues with all of them that offer unlimited hosting.

If you want a perfect solution for cheap, it doesn't exist imo. You get what you pay for and going with a solid host who doesn't oversell is the key. There are some out there, but they are few and far between. If you see regular server loads over 1-2, you are on an oversold server and your site would benefit from a good host.

Well I agree with you there r1 shared will be shared no matter how you put it, if your site gets to the point where you are getting many new members daily or merge sites with someone that has a solid db or what have you, yes definately I would always say shared is a no-no as cpu is always a factor for a server I dont care how many hdd's you have, you can only be as fast as your bottleneck. But remember he want's a starter kit basically...something to see if whatever project he is working on will be worth investing overhead in to try and build a large community I would have to assume.

i use booyahhosting
Fernis (the owner) is the best, he sets you up your hosting in very little time, and he can move your board for you for free.
The servers are very fast, in my opinion. I have a semidedicated server, it's not the cheapest but I think that its price is worth the money
wink.png

I'd stay clear of web hosting websites such as Yahoo! web hosting, HostGator and GoDaddy, etc.

If you're intending for the site to expand and want your own freedom, forget about shared hosting and just start up with some sort of VPS solution. Yeah, it may be a little more expensive but it'll be worth it. You'll have your own resources, dedicated IP address, etc.

Thanks everyone for providing their prospective and suggestions. I know its very difficult for the starter to decide with. I will definitely keep all your suggestions and experiences.

I have spent hours and days finding and going through review of the web hosting providers in google and related website. I was just wondering if xenForo would come out with its own or in association with dedicated parter who would provode hosting facility.

Top Bottom