XF 1.4 Suggest the best way to kill links to certain domains

Chromaniac

After around 10 years with no issues running Google AdSense on my forum… Google today decided that linking to a few torrent domains was a major problem even though the discussion containing the links was around internet censorship and not copyright infringement. Ad serving is currently disabled on my forum as a result.

So I am trying to find ways to kill all links to a long list of domains (torrent sites and file sharing sites). The problem is that I am not sure what would be the safest way to ensure that all of these links are killed properly. There are bound to be links to internal pages. There are going to be links with and without / at the end and so on. There are going to be links pointing to the domain itself, title tag (I use a plugin) and of course, manually created links with text content.

So I am looking for advice on how to go ahead with this attempt to comply with Google policies because AdSense is a major source of revenue on my XenForo forum and I had like to give a shot at getting the ban removed. Thanks!

Ah thanks. I researched a bit more and it looks like Google does not even like unlinked URLs. So I have used the censorship feature in XenForo to block all mentions of the popular torrent search engines and file sharing services. What a freaking mess. :|

Ah thanks. I researched a bit more and it looks like Google does not even like unlinked URLs. So I have used the censorship feature in XenForo to block all mentions of the popular torrent search engines and file sharing services. What a freaking mess. :|
It would be great to get a copy of that list. Are you willing to share?

I just googled for list of popular torrent sites and included the ones I found. Here is my current list:

Code:
1337x.org
4shared.com
bitenova.org
bitsnoop.com
btscene.eu
demonoid.me
depositfiles.com
extratorrent.cc
extratorrent.com
eztv.it
fenopy.eu
filecrop.com
h33t.com
hightail.com
isohunt.com
isohunt.to
kat.ph
kickass.to
mininova.org
mybittorrent.com
newnova.org
newtorrents.info
rapidshare.com
rarbg.com
rutracker.org
sendspace.com
thepiratebay.org
thepiratebay.se
torrentleech.org
torrentproject.com
torrentreactor.net
torrentspy.com
torrentz.eu
uploaded.net
yify-torrents.com
zippyshare.com

The problem is that this list is always going to be incomplete. A lot of these are probably harmless. Even TPB host perfectly legit files. So the whole thing is a big sham. Also ironical...

Top Bottom