XF 1.1 making links to certain domains dofollow

ForestForTrees

Hello,

Our site has a 680 page wiki in addition to a forum. When users link to pages on our domain but not in our forum, we don't want to lose PageRank by applying the nofollow attribute. I know that nofollow isn't applied when moderators and up post, but is there a way to make it so that when nonmoderators post links to our own domain, nofollow isn't applied? Especially since it appears that PageRank is simply lost when nofollow is applied, this would really help our SEO given that our users very frequently link to our wiki.

Thanks!

Maybe an option could be added in XenForo settings to list certain domains you don't want "nofollow" added too. I thought it was already there to do that, but just checked quickly and cannot see the option to do that one.

That would definitely be wonderful for forums that are part of larger sites or are part of networks of sites. In the short term, there must be some sort of hack that can be applied, right? I mean, somewhere there must be code that decides whether to apply the nofollow tag, and it's only a question of adding a simple if statement of some sort, right?

Does anyone know which file, hook, or template should be looked at?

Top Bottom