1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggest a good US based managed forum hosting

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by vij, Jun 16, 2013.

1. vij

vij Active Member

I am looking for a US based managed forum hosting service - nimbushosting would have been good, but they are UK based. I am looking for US based managed forum hosting. Any suggestions please :)

Many Thanks
    Vij

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  2. Ghan_04

Ghan_04 Active Member

WiredTree is an excellent option. They just upgraded their VPS plans, too.

vij likes this.
  3. vij

vij Active Member

But I dont think wiredtree offer full forum support like nimbushosting.co.uk . I hear that if anything goes wrong with the forum(database errors/slowdowns) nimbushosting takes responsibility and tries to solve them.

My forum isn't geared for a specific country but wonder if hosting in US will mean more traffic

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  4. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

vps.net, they manage plans.

5. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

knownhost.com are good. I've been with them for three years, their support is excellent.

BamBam likes this.
  6. vij

vij Active Member

Does "Fully managed support" at knownhost mean full support for the 'forum' per se ?
    Thats the advantage nimbushosting have I think. They support the forum and that's peace of mind for an admin who doesn't have the time or skills for any disaster management. If knownhost can do that - then they would be great... Looking at them now

7. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by support the forum. They support your hosting package, I've had them install things for me - like APC, memcached, they've even checked out database errors that I've had. But forum support usually comes from the company you get your forum software from, ie XenForo :)

8. vij

vij Active Member

Supporting a forum is definitely different from supporting the forum software :)
    Cmon, you run an admin forum - thought you'd agree with that!

To quote nimbushosting
    So, thats what I was talking about.

Interesting that you say knownhost look into database errors, so they do support the forum I guess.. Will send them an email and see what they say.

9. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

I did say I wasn't certain what you meant :p

I've run forums on Knownhost for as long as I've had hosting with them. If something happens that isn't due to me breaking it (although I will say that if I have done something drastic, they will help me out if I ask them) or forum-support specific then they are pretty decent about digging in and seeing what's going on for me. I don't think they automatically monitor a forum installation - I would have thought that would be down to you.

vij likes this.
  10. vij

vij Active Member

Yes, monitoring a forum is not the factor, we can do that - solving(not just finding the reason) the error when we report a problem is important.
    I am guessing I have to be very specific with you :p - You have been helpful though. Thank you.

11. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

I like specifics. I've found that being general typically leads to potential misunderstandings and even misinformation :D

12. hellreturn

hellreturn Active Member

I would suggest the hosting from @Slavik Not sure if it's in US or not.

13. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Nope plus a) im not offering it anymore and b) it was EU based

14. hellreturn

hellreturn Active Member

Oops I thought you had ordered all machines and hard ware ....so you where into it!

15. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Most of the machines I ordered were taken before they even arived. The remaining ones went shortly after.

hellreturn likes this.
  16. BamBam

BamBam Active Member

Hm...it seems they dont have Server in the EU/Netherlands/Germany? :(

I am looking for a new managed VPS Hoster, which has Servers in Germany or Netherlands. My Current Hoster is very, very nice....BUT...the Owner is from Iraq, and atm there is a War located in Iraq. I'm scared that something might happen to him, and my Forum is going down some Days. :(

17. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

http://www.ovh.com/us/vps/