Suggest a good US based managed forum hosting

vij

I am looking for a US based managed forum hosting service - nimbushosting would have been good, but they are UK based. I am looking for US based managed forum hosting. Any suggestions please :)

Many Thanks
Vij

Last edited:
WiredTree is an excellent option. They just upgraded their VPS plans, too.
But I dont think wiredtree offer full forum support like nimbushosting.co.uk . I hear that if anything goes wrong with the forum(database errors/slowdowns) nimbushosting takes responsibility and tries to solve them.

My forum isn't geared for a specific country but wonder if hosting in US will mean more traffic

Last edited:
knownhost.com are good. I've been with them for three years, their support is excellent.

Does "Fully managed support" at knownhost mean full support for the 'forum' per se ?
Thats the advantage nimbushosting have I think. They support the forum and that's peace of mind for an admin who doesn't have the time or skills for any disaster management. If knownhost can do that - then they would be great... Looking at them now

Last edited:
Does "Fully managed support" at knownhost mean full support for the 'forum' per se ?
Thats the advantage nimbushosting have I think. They support the forum and that's peace of mind for an admin who doesn't have the time or skills for any disaster management. If knownhost can do that - then they would be great... Looking at them now

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by support the forum. They support your hosting package, I've had them install things for me - like APC, memcached, they've even checked out database errors that I've had. But forum support usually comes from the company you get your forum software from, ie XenForo :)

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by support the forum. They support your hosting package, I've had them install things for me - like APC, memcached, they've even checked out database errors that I've had. But forum support usually comes from the company you get your forum software from, ie XenForo :)
Supporting a forum is definitely different from supporting the forum software :)
Cmon, you run an admin forum - thought you'd agree with that!

To quote nimbushosting
We automatically monitor your forum 24/7 and respond to all Forum support requests within just 2 hours
So, thats what I was talking about.

Interesting that you say knownhost look into database errors, so they do support the forum I guess.. Will send them an email and see what they say.

Last edited:
Supporting a forum is definitely different from supporting the forum software :)
Cmon, you run an admin forum - thought you'd agree with that!

I did say I wasn't certain what you meant :p

Interesting that you say knownhost look into database errors, so they do support the forum I guess.. Will send then an email and see what they say.

I've run forums on Knownhost for as long as I've had hosting with them. If something happens that isn't due to me breaking it (although I will say that if I have done something drastic, they will help me out if I ask them) or forum-support specific then they are pretty decent about digging in and seeing what's going on for me. I don't think they automatically monitor a forum installation - I would have thought that would be down to you.

Reactions: vij
I did say I wasn't certain what you meant :p

I've run forums on Knownhost for as long as I've had hosting with them. If something happens that isn't due to me breaking it (although I will say that if I have done something drastic, they will help me out if I ask them) or forum-support specific then they are pretty decent about digging in and seeing what's going on for me. I don't think they automatically monitor a forum installation - I would have thought that would be down to you.

Yes, monitoring a forum is not the factor, we can do that - solving(not just finding the reason) the error when we report a problem is important.
I am guessing I have to be very specific with you :p - You have been helpful though. Thank you.

Yes, monitoring a forum is not the factor, we can do that - solving(not just finding the reason) the error when we report a problem is important.
I am guessing I have to be very specific with you :p - You have been helpful though. Thank you.

I like specifics. I've found that being general typically leads to potential misunderstandings and even misinformation :D

knownhost.com are good. I've been with them for three years, their support is excellent.

Hm...it seems they dont have Server in the EU/Netherlands/Germany? :(

I am looking for a new managed VPS Hoster, which has Servers in Germany or Netherlands. My Current Hoster is very, very nice....BUT...the Owner is from Iraq, and atm there is a War located in Iraq. I'm scared that something might happen to him, and my Forum is going down some Days. :(

Hm...it seems they dont have Server in the EU/Netherlands/Germany? :(

I am looking for a new managed VPS Hoster, which has Servers in Germany or Netherlands. My Current Hoster is very, very nice....BUT...the Owner is from Iraq, and atm there is a War located in Iraq. I'm scared that something might happen to him, and my Forum is going down some Days. :(
http://www.ovh.com/us/vps/

Top Bottom