XF 1.1 Suddenly I Can't Upload Files - It Worked Fine Few Minutes Ago

TheBigK

This is a bit weird problem. Our members could upload files until a few minutes ago and now they can't. That applies to me (admin) as well. I'm getting

The following error occurred
There was a problem uploading your file.

What's going on? :(

In which case it's either due to server settings (as Jake posted about), an add-on, or another customisation you have made.

What changes were made prior to the problem first occurring?

Also contact your host and ask them if they made any changes.

In which case it's either due to server settings (as Jake posted about), an add-on, or another customisation you have made.

What changes were made prior to the problem first occurring?

Also contact your host and ask them if they made any changes.

When it first happened i tried to rack my brains and im sure i didn't change anything. Some members can post pics and the user who cant said they could when using image shack.
I'll get in touch with my host :)

I got your PM. I was able to upload images up to 2.8MB big. No problems.

This must be a client issue or a problem with the specific images you are trying to upload.

Reactions: Dav
I'm having the same issue with firefox or atleast it sounds like it. 2 weeks ago upon updating to 9.0.1 it started. Then it worked for a few days, then about 4 days ago and haven't been able to upload files or images on any xenforo forum, including here. I have to switch to chrome. Unsure whether this is related and posting on the chance that it is related.

I'm having the same issue with firefox or atleast it sounds like it. 2 weeks ago upon updating to 9.0.1 it started. Then it worked for a few days, then about 4 days ago and haven't been able to upload files or images on any xenforo forum, including here. I have to switch to chrome. Unsure whether this is related and posting on the chance that it is related.

I sent a user a pic to upload that i know works and it seems that on their end the file extension is being changed from .png to .pgn and in another instance from .png to .jpeg. This sounds like the user could have a virus. The thing is, another user is having the exact same problem but i know they mail each other so could they have the same virus?
I hope this helps :)

Top Bottom