XF 1.1 Suddenly I Can't Upload Files - It Worked Fine Few Minutes Ago

TheBigK

This is a bit weird problem. Our members could upload files until a few minutes ago and now they can't. That applies to me (admin) as well. I'm getting

The following error occurred
There was a problem uploading your file.

What's going on? :(

I had that same message, it was a folder permission problem for me. Have you just updated your forum to 1.1 by chance. Or has it started for no reason and your still using same version.

I had that same message, it was a folder permission problem for me. Have you just updated your forum to 1.1 by chance. Or has it started fior no reason and your still using same version.
I just moved from vB to xf 1.1. Attachments worked fine for everyone for some time.
Not sure what the problem is, but when trying to open up http://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/ in firefox I receive this error.

View attachment 22004

It does open and display in chrome. Let me see if I can figure anything out.
I'm not sure why does it not work in Firefox. Several users are saying that /forum/ does not redirect to /community/ . Here it is http://www.crazyengineers.com/community/

Regarding the "corrupted content" error... try adding this line to your library/config.php file:

Code:
$config['enableGzip'] = false;

This error can sometimes be a problem with gzip. Disabling gzip will make your pages consume more bandwidth though.

Regarding the "corrupted content" error... try adding this line to your library/config.php file:

Code:
$config['enableGzip'] = false;

This error can sometimes be a problem with gzip. Disabling gzip will make your pages consume more bandwidth though.
Jake, the problem was just about adding 'exit;' below the header<path/to/new/xf/installation/> which was added in the top of config.php. That solved the problem. Mike said Firefox was still trying to execute the old script which resulted into error.

Proves that Chrome is more modern than Firefox ;)

Hi,

I have been using xenforo as a admin for over a year now and i can usually work most issues out.
Some of my members can't seem to upload files from their comps and get the error "the following error has occured
there was a problem uploading your file........."
Im pretty sure i haven't changed anything and i have tested in safari & google chrome and i have no problems uploading a file.
The users who are having problems are using IE & Chrome and insist they are doing nothing different to upload as it has worked many times before
Can anyone help?

Hi,

I have been using xenforo as a admin for over a year now and i can usually work most issues out.
Some of my members can't seem to upload files from their comps and get the error "the following error has occured
Im pretty sure i haven't changed anything and i have tested in safari & google chrome and i have no problems uploading a file.
The users who are having problems are using IE & Chrome and insist they are doing nothing different to upload as it has worked many times before
Can anyone help?

Since you are unable to reproduce the problem yourself we need to do further testing. Can you do a test using the same file as your users? Maybe it's a problem that only manifests with specific files or file sizes. If you can narrow it down then that helps to identify the problem.

Since you are unable to reproduce the problem yourself we need to do further testing. Can you do a test using the same file as your users? Maybe it's a problem that only manifests with specific files or file sizes. If you can narrow it down then that helps to identify the problem.
Thanks Jake, i have asked for the file from the user and ill test it as soon as i receive it.

Hi Jake,

I have just tested 2 files from the user and they didn't work, i got the same error as the user "the following error has occured
one file is - jpeg, 1.9MB
another - jpeg, 1.7MB im sure they were bigger than this though, in the email they came in.

But smaller files work OK? The logs may contain a specific error:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Server Error Log

It's probably a server limit. Here are some settings that may be limiting:

PHP:
max_execution_time
memory_limit
post_max_size
upload_max_filesize

MySQL:
max_allowed_packet
max_packet_size
wait_timeout

But smaller files work OK? The logs may contain a specific error:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Server Error Log

It's probably a server limit. Here are some settings that may be limiting:

Hi Jake,

Iv just got the user to test a file they have posted before and even that would not work. Iv have checked the error log and there are no new entries.

Check the file extension is correct.

Usually it's due to .bmp or .png files being renamed as .jpg.

Hi Brogan,

The user says they have not altered the file extension.

Top Bottom