Submit your site to the official customer showcase!

Is there anyway to have the thumbnails center and shrink the uploaded images? I noticed that mine and others are zoomed in and off center.

@Kier is there anyway to resubmit or edit the photo for the thumbnail ourselves, or do we have to go through the whole re-submit again?

@Kier is there anyway to resubmit or edit the photo for the thumbnail ourselves, or do we have to go through the whole re-submit again?
Go back to your account and click the "Submit site to showcase" link again. Then when the form overlay pops up, look at the bottom. There is a button to "Replace existing screenshot".

I will note that I haven't used it so I'm not sure if the updates are posted immediately or if they have to be moderated first.

Is there anyway to have the thumbnails center and shrink the uploaded images? I noticed that mine and others are zoomed in and off center.
There was a bug in the auto-cropper, which I've now fixed - and added a manual override in the ACP approval queue, which has helped with some troublesome images.

1625523634344.webp

Not that I'm complaining given where my submission is featured.. but a random order would be fairest, although I can also understand the reasons for not doing so (makes websites harder to find).

EDIT: Should probably keep my mouth shut.. 😅🤐

Last edited:
Not that I'm complaining given where my submission is featured.. but a random order would be fairest, although I can also understand the reasons for not doing so (makes websites harder to find).

EDIT: Should probably keep my mouth shut.. 😅🤐

While we're complaining, I'd also be in favour of splitting Sports and Gaming into their own categories (once there are enough submissions to justify it).

While we're complaining, I'd also be in favour of splitting Sports and Gaming into their own categories (once there are enough submissions to justify it).
I’m definitely reconsidering the available categories, based on what has been submitted so far.

Of course the balance will shift after I send out an email to all customers inviting them to submit to the showcase, as right now we only have entries for regulars on these forums, but I’d be interested to hear any suggestions for recategorisation.

On a separate note, I’m actually quite pleased with a tweak I made to the display today - I noticed that sometimes after a refresh it takes a second or two to load the showcase thumbnails, leaving an ugly hollow placeholder in the interim, so I put together some code that samples the image and then generates a series of gradients in CSS to represent the image before it loads - it’s almost a shame that the images have to load, because it’s really pretty!

1625599866109.webp

On a separate note, I’m actually quite pleased with a tweak I made to the display today - I noticed that sometimes after a refresh it takes a second or two to load the showcase thumbnails, leaving an ugly hollow placeholder in the interim, so I put together some code that samples the image and then generates a series of gradients in CSS to represent the image before it loads - it’s almost a shame that the images have to load, because it’s really pretty!

View attachment 254357
Are you taking in consideration to add shuffle option for all these websites, or it will be first come first served.

Top Bottom