1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subforums

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by tcmw, Jan 27, 2014.

1. tcmw

tcmw Member

Can they be shown below the main forum link in a list (like vBulletin?) From what I've seen so far, it looks like sub forums are shown in a drop down menu.

I'd like to show them permanently on the forum home page.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes, it's a style property setting per style.

tcmw and Liam W like this.
  3. tcmw

tcmw Member

Thanks!

I am messing around on the demo.... I have 6 sub forums I want to display under a certain forum.... how can I set up my lists so I have 2 columns of 3 subforums that are relatively close together.

Right now it's displaying the subforums spread out across the whole forum box area.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It's all done with CSS in the EXTRA.css template - you can set the widths as static pixels or percentages.

tcmw likes this.
  5. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Simple CSS styling issue. The number of forums (and their distance apart) can be controlled via it.

EDIT: Ninja'd... barely... by Brogan.

tcmw likes this.
  6. tcmw

tcmw Member

Can I also place a little image next to the subforum link to show when a new post was made?

From what I see in the demo there is only text... I would like to duplicate how vB has done their subforum listing.

7. Tracy Perry

Again... controlled via EXTRA.css. You have the ability to define an image.
    screenshot.png

tcmw likes this.
  8. tcmw

tcmw Member

Excellent Tracy. That is exactly what I am looking for.

I am not much of a programmer so I will be asking for assistance in making these changes when I make the switch from vB to XF. This software is really impressing me and seems a lot more clean and powerful than vB.

9. Tracy Perry

The possibilities of customizing it are endless honestly. It's one of the best forum software that I've used and the only one I was willing to spend money on.
    I'm not a programmer either (I can look at someone else's code a lot of times and fix problems I'm having). The more you play with it the more you will find you can do.

10. Adham.M

Adham.M Active Member

Where can I find a help article about adding alittle image beside subforums?

11. Tracy Perry

12. Adham.M

Adham.M Active Member

Yes. Thank you very much.