Subforum Links

Subforum Links 1.3

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Sub-forum Links - Sub-forums will be displayed in same line as discussions and messages data.

Description:

Sub-forums will be displayed in same line as discussions and messages data.

(Example of sub-forums shown without add-on installed)

View attachment 73165

(Example of sub-forums shown with add-on installed)

View attachment 73166

Modifies the code in the following templates:
  • node_forum_level_2
  • node_list.css
Installation:
  1. Download subforumlinks_v1.0.zip and unzip it
  2. From your Admin Control Panel, go to the...

Read more about this resource...

Curious.... Do you have a demo of this? I'm wondering how this plays out on a responsive design (such as a mobile phone or tablet)

edit: Thanks for updating the description with a love demo :)

Last edited:
Would it be possible to put the links below the discussions/message data?

If you don't want to put this in the addon, which I completely understand as it's yours, would you be able to point me in the direction of the template to edit to achieve this?

Would it be possible to put the links below the discussions/message data?

If you don't want to put this in the addon, which I completely understand as it's yours, would you be able to point me in the direction of the template to edit to achieve this?
Do you mean like this?

upload_2014-5-6_10-39-58.webp

This addon is awesome!

3 requests though:
  • Add discussion and message counts of each sub-forum. To make it shorther, they should be abbreviated (D: #, M: #)
  • Allow the sub-forum list to display along the entire length of both columns. They just display in the first column at the moment.
  • Add separators between the forums. It's confusing with a single space as it looks like one link. A pipe would be a good separator: |

Last edited:
Hi @AndyB awesome addon! Would it be possible to have the sub forum icons next to the links? I think it would be nice.
I also think it would be nice to be able to define how many links you want per line.
Again thank you for releasing this addon!

Edit, I am having some issues with this addon, see screenshot, it happens even if I select new line.

Attachments

• issues.webp
    issues.webp
    88 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Brilliant!!!! Thank you Andy!!!! I was dying for this and couldn't do it myself. Thank you sir!

Side note, I wanted to give you a rating (5-star) but it said I couldn't rate unless I inputted 250+ characters... weird?

This addon is awesome!

3 requests though:
  • Add discussion and message counts of each sub-forum. To make it shorther, they should be abbreviated (D: #, M: #)
  • Allow the sub-forum list to display along the entire length of both columns. They just display in the first column at the moment.
  • Add separators between the forums. It's confusing with a single space as it looks like one link. A pipe would be a good separator: |

Yes I agree especially would like to see the number of threads in each subforum..

Can you make an option to do these in colums and lists? Like this...

215623351fa8ef9bfebeaa1f07a637b2.png

Is it possible to reduce the wonderful addon to one level?
It looks not nice in my board, because i have some subforums with a lot of subforums. So i would like to show only the next level.

Top Bottom