1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Subforum Links 1.3

Sub-forums links are displayed in a compact easy to read format.

1. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Sub-forum Links - Sub-forums will be displayed in same line as discussions and messages data.

Read more about this resource...
  2. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Curious.... Do you have a demo of this? I'm wondering how this plays out on a responsive design (such as a mobile phone or tablet)

edit: Thanks for updating the description with a love demo :)
    Last edited: May 6, 2014
  3. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to put the links below the discussions/message data?

If you don't want to put this in the addon, which I completely understand as it's yours, would you be able to point me in the direction of the template to edit to achieve this?
  4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Do you mean like this?

Jeremy likes this.
  5. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

6. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

7. Chris D

What does this look like?
  8. Chris D

Did you know an option exists in Style Properties that adds sub forums as links instead of the popup?

It's like the "new line" option you have.
    SneakyDave and Steve F like this.
  9. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

True, but this one seems to be spaced better and is included even in the responsive design. :)
  10. |Jordan|

|Jordan| Active Member

This addon is awesome!

3 requests though:
    • Add discussion and message counts of each sub-forum. To make it shorther, they should be abbreviated (D: #, M: #)
    • Allow the sub-forum list to display along the entire length of both columns. They just display in the first column at the moment.
    • Add separators between the forums. It's confusing with a single space as it looks like one link. A pipe would be a good separator: |
    Last edited: May 28, 2014
    Michael Berg likes this.
  11. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

12. IcEWoLF

IcEWoLF Well-Known Member

Hi @AndyB awesome addon! Would it be possible to have the sub forum icons next to the links? I think it would be nice.
    I also think it would be nice to be able to define how many links you want per line.
    Again thank you for releasing this addon!

Edit, I am having some issues with this addon, see screenshot, it happens even if I select new line.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  13. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Active Member

Brilliant!!!! Thank you Andy!!!! I was dying for this and couldn't do it myself. Thank you sir!

Side note, I wanted to give you a rating (5-star) but it said I couldn't rate unless I inputted 250+ characters... weird?
  14. Michael Berg

Michael Berg New Member

Yes I agree especially would like to see the number of threads in each subforum..
  15. zoldos

zoldos Well-Known Member

How do I "use" this add-on? It's installed but I see no difference when it is enabled.
  16. subwiz

subwiz Member

Does this work I have tried it but it has no effect.
  17. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

18. Damnlag

Damnlag Member

Can you make an option to do these in colums and lists? Like this...

19. Robert9

Robert9 Active Member

Is it possible to reduce the wonderful addon to one level?
    It looks not nice in my board, because i have some subforums with a lot of subforums. So i would like to show only the next level.