Fixed Sub nav links appear in different order based upon screen size

Kevin

Right now when clicking on Forums the "New Threads" link appears on the far right side when viewed on a desktop browser and is always visible.

When viewed on a Moto Razr HD the "New Threads" link still appears on the far right.

When viewed on a Nexus 7 tablet though the "New Threads" is not shown and is only shown in the drop-down menu after clicking the "..." link.

At least for me I think the "New Threads" link should try to be shown always since it will be likely the most used link. If nothing else it should at least be consistent in regards to the order of which links are shown versus moved to the "..." link at the different resolutions. Right now "New Threads" shows on the 'full size' (desktop) and 'mini size' (phone) but not the 'medium size' (tablet) screen.

Screen shots attached to show the results seen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-05-22-30-21.webp
    Screenshot_2013-06-05-22-30-21.webp
    80.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_2013-06-05-22-30-36.webp
    Screenshot_2013-06-05-22-30-36.webp
    83 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_2013-06-05-22-36-16.webp
    Screenshot_2013-06-05-22-36-16.webp
    59.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_2013-06-05-22-36-26.webp
    Screenshot_2013-06-05-22-36-26.webp
    62.1 KB · Views: 24
I've changed the order in which links (and tabs) are hidden, so hopefully this will be fixed now.

If it's not, I suspect things are going to manifest very differently.

I've changed the order in which links (and tabs) are hidden, so hopefully this will be fixed now.

If it's not, I suspect things are going to manifest very differently.
Mike, thanks for taking a look! (y)

At least with my Android devices the changes are looking good. On my phone no change to the layout from the original screen shot posted above while on my tablet only the search input is getting changed with the rest of the links still appearing in full as they do on the desktop (screen shot attached). Playing around on the desktop browser "New Threads" now consistently appears no matter how small I make the window.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-06-12-19-27.webp
    Screenshot_2013-06-06-12-19-27.webp
    105.4 KB · Views: 18
You have no idea how happy I am. That makes the portrait view in the iPhone amazing now just having those links (inbox and Alert) and news threads and watches threads where they are. Awesome!

You have no idea how happy I am. That makes the portrait view in the iPhone amazing now just having those links (inbox and Alert) and news threads and watches threads where they are. Awesome!
On my Android phone I was looking at the New Threads link but missed that "Inbox" & "Alerts" are now present also. Excellent. (y)

Found a small bug tho because of this. If you click on your username you can't see all of your username. I have just created a new bug report on this.

Top Bottom