XF 1.5 Sub Nav Container color?

davs

So is there anything yet for a reference map as to what changes what? Can figure out most of it but some things seem really hard to track down for someone who doesn't want to mess with code (which would take me weeks to try that way lol). One thing I can't find is the i guess you might call them sub navs (Marked forums read, watched threads, etc) under the main header tabs...I can change the text color and size but how do I change the entire container's color? (the whole bar across page under main nav) The default is the dark blue with gradient ps.

This set of guides will help you identify individual elements in order to style them: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/how-to.4390/

In this case you need to use .navTabs .navTab.selected .tabLinks

You will need to make additional changes for the selected tab, hover, etc.

Thanks for the direction to the coding but this is a major section in the header, how come I can change everything except the color of half of the entire header. In easy styling examples, this is almost always changed in the pictures suggesting its easy. Looking up at this sites header, its the light blue bar that spans the whole page 2 sections below the xenForo logo. Are you sure I have to get into codes to change this color?

If you are referring to Style Properties, they don't cover everything.

For those elements which aren't catered for, you either need to edit the original CSS template or use EXTRA.css.

Ok I changed it thanks! So, it looks like the container is like an image? (styles/default/xenforo/gradients/navigation-tab.png) so does this mean I can't round the corners like radius does to the upper container? I guess I'd have to make my own image.

Style Properties > Header and Navigation > Selected Tab, Selected Tab Sub-Link, Selected Tab Link, Hover State

That controls the sub-navigation bar. To remove the image, remove the gradient from the Selected Tab property.

Top Bottom