Add-on Sub Forums on Index - $50

karoshio

Hi,

I am looking for a nice, simple add on that I can use to display sub forums on the index just like in MyBB and vBulletin for example.

I'm willing to pay up to $50 for full rights.

I will also be willing to pay for upgrades to the addon if it breaks on major version upgrades.

Thanks for the reply as I appreciate the attempt at saving me the money :) Unfortunately though I gave that a shot and it's a nice start to what I want but it's not quite there.

I'm looking for this specifically as an add on as it's for quite a big project so I don't want the hassle of editing templates every upgrade and I also don't really like how that is set out below the actual forum. I was hoping for something like on MyBB or vBulletin that would have the sub forums directly under the posts and thread count displayed as such: Sub Forums: Example, Example, Example, Example.

Can you link me to a vBulletin forum that does it how you want it. It's been too long since I used vBulletin ;)

I do not understand what you are wanting either. Can you add pictures or something ?
The forum home for xenforo only lists forums. Be default, subforums are not displayed. You can see the list of subforums via the dropdown menu. I really don't like this dropdown design. I think Xenforo core should have subforum display OPTIONS. But I would settle for an addon.

example here at xenforo.com
The Resource and Add-on Releases forum has 8 subforums, and they aren't displayed on the forum home .... unless you click on that dropdown item.

That's kind of awesome, maybe I can make it into a plugin with permission.
Could just use the Template Modification System addon and pipe in the template edit so you don't have to worry about editing core XF templates or extra db queries or upgrades so long as the string it's matching doesn't change (likely won't depending on what bit of code you're using, but if it does, it's an easy fix).

Not sure what you'd want in terms of permissions but the above could save you from having to deal with your own event listener / hook, etc.

Top Bottom