XF 2.1 Sub-forums display style per node

Style Properties -> Node/forum list -> Sub-forums display style
Is there an addon that lets you choose one of these options on a per node basis instead of global?

If not, which template can I add custom sub forum links to a specific node on the forum list? Preferably in the same spot as it is now. Is it node_list_forum? Is a conditional available to do this for one Node ID?

If not, which template can I add custom sub forum links to a specific node on the forum list? Preferably in the same spot as it is now. Is it node_list_forum? Is a conditional available to do this for one Node ID?
An update. I've just tested and it is indeed node_list_forum because it works.

But if there is an addon that does the first part, please let me know.

stevenavery

Thanks for bringing this up.

In many cases, not all, I would like the Forums underneath a category to only populate when the Category is clicked. This keeps the front page uncluttered. Right now, I am only accomplishing this by making a Traffic Cop forum, and placing the other forums as sub-forums underneath. Not elegant, because it forces the user to go down an additional level.

==============
The options for

Sub-forums display style
  • Popup menu
  • Listed below node
  • None
Choose the style in which sub-forums will be displayed within a particular node element, according to the amount of space you want them to occupy
==============

Are all global, as I understand. Why does it say that it is for a "particular node element"?

As is, Listed below node is not bad looking. Popup menu is cute but I like the other.

What I would like most is a
None that can be done selectively for some Categories but not others, node control, AND that would allow
"Do not show forums on Main page" to be an option, so I do not have to place them two levels down.

Add-on or, better yet, future release.

Does that make sense?
Thanks for you help and thoughts.