Sub-Forum Manager

@Shelley : That's why earlier in this thread I suggested using jQuery hide and show to expand the forum section to reveal the sub-forums. This was no matter how it gets laid out (or customized per user) the jquery collapse would hide all the subforum content... doing what i depicted in the image with the layout of the subforums that Jaxel expressed seems to be a solution (and one I would be particularly fond of).

collapsed.png

• clicking the arrow brings a jQ accordian collapsible (in my head) like this below

expanded.png

Anything ever done on this? or are sub forums going to be always in a drop down? Im no modder but if anyone knows how to do this in a plugin nows the time!!!! My forums is starting to be 3 pages long or ever sub gets no hits!

There was this addon from Cezz that allowed you to show and hide the contents of a category and it's subsequent sections. This may just be worth looking at in the mean time for you.

The dropdown needs modifying slightly as it's off the edge of my screen.

subforums.webp

Nice job though, although like you I also have a lot of sub-forums so I won't be using it as I personally feel it makes the forum view untidy with that many.

Actually (don't kill me, but) vBulletin handles subforums quite elegantly. The dropdowns simply escape too many visitors. Hope this gets implemented.

Hi, I can not put it as he had previously.
You know if you can put it this way please?
Thank you very much.

View attachment 60717

Your able to select sub forum columns in 1.2 or later by going to your Style properties >> Forum / Node List and to the right unchecking the Show sub-forums popup checkbox for each style.

Edit: You can add icons before the subforum titles. I posted that resource (if that is what your referring to here >> http://xenforo.com/community/resources/1-2-subforum-unread-read-icons-indicators.1988/

Screenshot_48.webp

Your able to select sub forum columns in 1.2 or later by going to your Style properties >> Forum / Node List and to the right unchecking the Show sub-forums popup checkbox for each style.

Edit: You can add icons before the subforum titles. I posted that resource (if that is what your referring to here >> http://xenforo.com/community/resources/1-2-subforum-unread-read-icons-indicators.1988/

View attachment 60728

Hello, thank you very much for your help and for your addon.
Thank you and I wanted to put it as following in your footsteps.
Greetings.

d.webp

Top Bottom