XF 1.2 Sub domain based url

Max

hi i want to make few categories of the forum appear in special subdomain based url other than the normal forum url.

eg..
In normal conditions
mymobile.com's nokia and samsung category urls are like

mymobile.com/community/nokia/thread-name.122/
mymobile.com/community/samsung/thread-name.123/

I want them to appear like

nokia.mymobile.com/thread-name.122/
samsung.mymobile.com/thread-name.123/

The route filter function can only change routes, not remove them.
So it wouldn't be possible to remove /community/ from the URL.

Thanks, so is it possible to make the url appear as sub domain without removing the community part?

Eg..
nokia.mymobile.com/community/thread-name.122/

I mostly want to separate the section with subdomain, I am happy with any url word arrangements after that

If your installation is in /community, no you can't do that.
I am not really clear about the possibilities,
Can you please tell me how can i have the category url appear with separate sub domain in it?

mymobile.com forum's nokia category thread urls like

nokia.mymobile.com/....

Thanks, very nice but its for a separate install kinda site. With separate permissions etc.. I'm looking for only url change.

Anyway can we get this done from mod rewrite?
I don't think rewrites will do what you want (not and the browser address bar show as nokia.mymobile.com).
I'm trying out a rewrite currently (waiting for DNS to update) that points harley.twotwheeldemon.com at a category I have set up. Once I can test it I will update this post.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you are wanting the nokia.mymobile.com to point at a nokia specific area of your site, the samsung at another, et al. If so, then yes, that add-on will work (and you WILL have to use some permissions to make other nodes not visible to each one... not to mention needing a license for each one since they will appear as individual domains with all topics not viewable in each.

I don't think rewrites will do what you want (not and the browser address bar show as nokia.mymobile.com).
I'm trying out a rewrite currently (waiting for DNS to update) that points harley.twotwheeldemon.com at a category I have set up. Once I can test it I will update this post.
Thanks please update me

If I'm understanding you correctly, you are wanting the nokia.mymobile.com to point at a nokia specific area of your site, the samsung at another, et al. If so, then yes, that add-on will work (and you WILL have to use some permissions to make other nodes not visible to each one... not to mention needing a license for each one since they will appear as individual domains with all topics not viewable in each.
Yes i like the idea of that addon, but this "If a user has never logged into a sub-domain, they will not appear in the member lists, online lists, etc. and their profile will not be visible on that sub-domain."
I want all the section members to appear on main homepage and other users can see where that guy is and interact with him even he is in other subdomain.
So i am looking for just url change option only.

Thanks please update me
Couldn't get nginx to rewrite a domain to a specific category... will have to play with it some more.

Yes i like the idea of that addon, but this "If a user has never logged into a sub-domain, they will not appear in the member lists, online lists, etc. and their profile will not be visible on that sub-domain."
I want all the section members to appear on main homepage and other users can see where that guy is and interact with him even he is in other subdomain.
So i am looking for just url change option only.
Looks like you may need a custom add-on written then.

Top Bottom