1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Styling 'watch forum' link

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by TheBigK, Nov 8, 2013.

1. TheBigK

TheBigK Well-Known Member

I made a quick search on the forum and found that styling the link would need editing a template first :X3:. I want to style the link to make it appear as a button with the styling to match the 'Featured' label that appears with the new Resources Manager.

Can it be achieved through adding CSS in extra.css?
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Although, unfortunately, I don't know how to do that.
  3. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Not sure this is a great way of doing it but you could try something like the following, obviously with your styling.

.forum_view a.OverlayTrigger { background-color: red; border-radius: 3px; padding: 3px 5px; border: 1px solid darkred;}
  4. TheBigK

Thanks, and that does the job; but breaks the view for guests.
  5. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

Could add .LoggedIn before the .forum_view :)
    Shelley likes this.
  6. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Was just about to suggest that. Nice spot @Russ.

Off-topic: @TheBigK - Excellent discussion you have going on here, very enjoyable read and I personally think it's totally worth it. If they succeed in getting to mars they will be the first space agency to get a probe to mars on their first attempt.
  7. TheBigK

Thank you @Russ. So should it look like -

.LoggedIn .forum_view a.OverlayTrigger .... ? Or am I missing anything?

@Shelley - Thank you for visiting our site and I'm glad you liked our debate. Feel free to join the discussion on our site; though it's about engineering; we welcome everyone!
  8. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Just edit the template.